Did some glassing tonight

JordanH

Lil-Rokslider
Peeked into a new spot a mile away.....had a decent bull pop out at 8pm.....within range of a spot I planned to set up in. Watched him for 20 mins but no other elk showed up. Could not tell how big he was with just 10x42s but definitely looked like a shooter. Just being able to see he has antlers from that far is a good indicator but he was not huge. Sorry pic is blurry.DSC_0029.jpgDSC_0029.jpg

big44a4

WKR
Left spotting scope at truck one stop scouting recently and I sure did regret it not being able to see any detail. That's a great sign with binos. What helps the most is s tripod even for using binos to spot with. I feel it makes a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
JordanH

JordanH

Lil-Rokslider
He was about a mile away. Pic was without binos using 18x135mm lens zoomed all the way out.......need more lens. LOL Could not pick him out with naked eye....only with binos.

Binos were much clearer but could not figure out how to get focus through bino using camera. Tried. Failed. Now just need to figure out a good route in and out.

Last edited:
OP
JordanH

JordanH

Lil-Rokslider
NF and "my spot" are mutually exclusive concepts...but thanks for playing! ;}

OP
JordanH

JordanH

Lil-Rokslider
Took the fam up to RMNP today to drive up the Old Fall River Road. I think we saw 4 mulies and maybe 18 elk the entire trip, including coming back down trail ridge road and out the north entrance which is the side the big bulls favor. Very atypical but maybe the bulls all headed over to Moraine Park where the cows hang.......DSC_0051.jpg

Last edited: