Bugling updates?

bmcbeain

FNG
Didn't hear anything Northern CO last weekend or this past Thursday-Sunday. Was able to harvest this bull Saturday over a wallow I found. I think we are a week away from anything. Excited to guide the old man coming from MN last week of the season.
70ad66d2ccd7906bd18242cbde332927.jpg

Thanks,
Brandon

FlyGuy

WKR
This is getting me fired up! I could not possibly be any less productive at work. I fly out Sunday Morning for 11 days in WY.

Last year was my first Archery elk hunt, and I remember the thread on bugling that went on at this time last year was so completely different. It was downright depressing. No one was hearing bugles at this time last year! I hoped that it meant the elk would turn on about the time that we showed up in late september, but it never happened. Feeling much better about things this year!

cowboy300

WKR
I killed a bull 8/28 after him another herd bull 6 point were splitting up cows in the basin the night before. High country unit in southern Colorado 12,000ft. They were bugling and talking, rubbing trees and wallowing pretty good for that early.

JordanH

Lil-Rokslider
Too hot for much bugling activity. I did hear one bugle Friday night around 9pm.....assuming it wasn't a hunter. This cool down should improve the action.

Had a lot of bugling in western Montana. They were shut down by 7:30 a.m. or so. But at night and throughout the night one by camp was going non-stop, that is until the morning. Couldn't figure out why he went silent until a wolf began howling on the other side of the draw.
However, that evening we got him going again, but it was about 1.5 miles down the canyon. They're fired up!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

crazyhawksfan

Lil-Rokslider
Arrived in Colorado labor day and in the 2 days since haven't heard a bugle but have managed to call in 3 bulls. Shot the one. Not talking jus coming in silent in our area

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the one locator bugle I heard yesterday in western CO was a hunter. Other than that, it was quiet.

jljmonky

FNG
Hunted public in 77 (SW Colo) last week but was really just after deer.

Glassed up 3 bulls in the process... no bugles.

It was pretty damn hot, and I'm a born and bred Texas guy.

Missed a long shot at a nice muley. :(
I just left 77. Long story, short version is I was there for two days, needed to be home instead.saw several muleys low, nothing up high... Best muley I saw was along 160 headed east somewhere between Wolf Creek and La Veta passes.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
They were all fired up in central Colorado last weekend! Hoping to get back in there for some fun again this weekend!

Owenst7

WKR
Was out in North Eastern Nevada scouting over the holiday weekend - not a peep.

What tag do you have?

I've got early rifle deer in area 7. I've done two backpacking trips through the Jarbidge Wilderness this summer to scout. That is really awesome country.

elkhuntrr75

Lil-Rokslider
Heard my first bugle of the year this morning in northern Nm. I been tent camping a it's been pretty quite nights. Hopefully it will kickoff soon I am running out off time. Spiking out tomorrow. Good luck guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nvgoosehntr

Lil-Rokslider
What tag do you have?

I've got early rifle deer in area 7. I've done two backpacking trips through the Jarbidge Wilderness this summer to scout. That is really awesome country.
It sure is - I have an early rifle bull tag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I killed a bull 8/28 after him another herd bull 6 point were splitting up cows in the basin the night before. High country unit in southern Colorado 12,000ft. They were bugling and talking, rubbing trees and wallowing pretty good for that early.
What Unit?? I will be heading to 78/81 soon (not soon enough)

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
Just completed a successful cow elk hunt on Table Mountain, NV (unit 162).....herd bulls were very vocal all night long and for the first 1 after sun rise and before sun down.

Last edited:

Bynumlife

Lil-Rokslider
Where are the bugle updates? This thread is keeping me alive until we leave next Thursday!!! What are y'all hearing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
Sangre De Cristos, nothing at 11k. Will update tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk