Bugling updates?

JordanH

Lil-Rokslider
NADA in the areas I am scouting in CO......at least not early AM or PM. They are rubbing off velvet and starting to lightly hit the wallows.

6x6

FNG
Nothing in my area in eastern UT, Southwest WY, and Northeast CO. If that doesn't tell you where my tag is, I don't know what will! Ha!

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Well that dosent tell us if you have the CO, WY, or UT tag!!!! HAHA Either way that is a fantastic area, I put in for CO every year there. Double digit points and counting haha

No bugles in my area yet.....southern Colorado. Not sure if the heavy rains this year will cause a shift in rutting activity

sneaky

"DADDY"
Nada in my part of Utah, should be another week or so yet before it gets going. Labor Day weekend it's usually cranked.

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing that I've heard in central Colorado yet. Seems like the big cow herds are still together and haven't started picking up bachelors yet.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It's barely Aug 22, give it some time. I did hear a bull bugle in the middle of the night in NM when I was camping in July. But in CO, unless I initiate it I generally don't hear any elk until at least the 8th of Sep or so.

Central Ut- yes,no
Not a locater bugle, more of a med tone sustained with out going to the high notes.
I heard one heading up the ridge and he gave 3 different notices all the way up it.
Someone told me they heard bugles already.
We both hunt above 10,000'
All the leaves are still green and hippies still camping up there.

Some bulls are starting to be seen with cows already.
Some bulls are still in bachelor herds
- I saw them running around starting to get "playful"

Almost all the velvet is gone which will trigger the cycle and begin the process.
It has been wet, cold here in the mornings but still pretty warm during the day.

Where I am at it feels like Pre season has shifted to pre rut stages.

JWP58

WKR
Didn't hear any this morning. They aren't even really hitting the wallow yet. 2 more weeks....

I had two little guys locked up playing around on camera. Looks like young bulls are still with cows and calves per my 200 pics.

cgasner1

WKR
Heard 3 or 4 different ones this weekend this bull was pushing cows also
c6b8c4fa01fe7dcd61424dec1390f63a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gumbo

WKR
Heard a spike bugle half-heartedly in SW Montana mid-morning today. He was with about 20 cows/calves. No big guys with them. Pretty much says it all.

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Bugling consistently in Unit 38, happen to be out and about for work and heard it in the mornings just off of I70

UtahJimmy

WKR
Constant bugling and sensuous cow calls can be heard coming from my pickup in the mornings and evenings whilst traveling to and from work...

Can't wait for them elk to be fired up!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

widnert

Lil-Rokslider
Constant bugling and sensuous cow calls can be heard coming from my pickup in the mornings and evenings whilst traveling to and from work...

Can't wait for them elk to be fired up!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wow!!! That's exactly what I hear around here too!