Call issues

Wan2gobak

FNG
What diaphram calls are you guys using to get that high bugle? I got like 5 of Corey jacobsens and the new one and I cannot get them crack that high pitch, they all have that plastic dome not sure if that don't work for me or what

His blue one, forgot the name, gets super high tones

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

tommymo

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same issue, until I tried the Remedy, it's not domed, the ranging bull is my 2nd pick

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
The all star and the mistress do a nice job for me. I tried a couple of phelps this year also and they get that high tone nicely👍 A lot of it will be the be your palate, tons of practice and finding a reed that works for you. Good luck

Bynumlife

Lil-Rokslider
I went to all Phelps Amp calls this year. They are all the best sounding calls I've used. My favorite are green for bugling, gray for bugling / mature cow calling, black for immature bugles and cow / calf calling. I have the white and orange calls too and they work fine but those three have turned into my go to. I'm guessing I'll use the gray / black most of the time and green when locating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been toying with the Rocky Mountain Rockstar, and it is extremely easy to use and get the high tones. It HAS to be easy if I can do it after only three weeks of calling

wapitibob

WKR
Primos white with black latex and decent air, Primos white and white with a shiit ton of air pressure will rattle windows. Both get high enough to break glass.

rgroves79

Lil-Rokslider
Have one of Corey's (green tape with blue dome) and the green and the grey AMPs from Phelps. I seem to get better sounds more easily with the Phelps. Takes a lot more tongue pressure with Corey's. I've been using elk calls for all of about 3 months so take my experience with a bucket of salt.

Brendan

WKR
Corey's with the plastic dome don't work all that well for me, including his new one. Rocky Mountain Brown, Red and Phelps Gray and White are much better for me.

I'm no professional caller but, I really like the Phelps diaphragms. I was using the bugling bull calls and I still like them. However, I just bought some of the Born and Raised calls made by Phelps and they are AWESOME. I received the Black tape with yellow latex and the Blue tape with clear latex. Both bugle very easily and both achieve the high notes with ease. Both have AMP wrote on them so, I'm sure they are the same calls Phelps offers. I just ordered from BRO's because I like them. Anyways, they take no where near the wind the Bugling Bull calls I have do to reach the high notes and carry even better volume. I highly recommend you try them. God Bless

The Phelps Amp white diaphragm. I've never gotten the volume that call gives off from any other call, especially with ease. Really impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk