Elevation for Elk (southern co)

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
What elevation you guys finding elk at? We're in Southern CO between 11.5 and 10.5 and nothing..pretty quiet also. We did kill one at 11.2 earlier this week, but nothing since then.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gumbl3

WKR
Was there week and a half ago chasing mule deer. Heard bugles one morning before the sun came up above 10K in some steep nasty dark stuff. Then another morning was glassing at 8K and saw a nice 6x6 along with another bull mosey right through the bottom 1/2 mile away. They are where they are, lol

I've been between 10k and 12k, seen more sign than you can shake a stick at. Elk are elusive for being such big animals. I've heard one bugle so far.

OP
Jjamesdean

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
I've been between 10k and 12k, seen more sign than you can shake a stick at. Elk are elusive for being such big animals. I've heard one bugle so far.
Same here, tons of fresh sign around 11k. Been cold calling alot, killed one bull like that, nothing since tho.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

big44a4

WKR
Nothing here. Heard first bugles this AM a little ways away. Moved that direction but didn't see or hear anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"

It's crazy. They can be at 30 yards screaming their heads off and you can't see them. Spend an hour with them like that, and still never get a glimpse at what you were screaming at. Frustrating at times.

It's crazy. They can be at 30 yards screaming their heads off and you can't see them. Spend an hour with them like that, and still never get a glimpse at what you were screaming at. Frustrating at times.

Amen, I called one in quite the other evening to about 15 yards and never could get a shot at him.