Elk Hunting Tips for newbie

BCrob

FNG
Looking to by pass the Sheep/goat hunting trip next year and thinking on a 10 day Elk hunt (moose as well but Elk primarily) up North Eastern BC (mid Sept). Wondering if those in the know could recommend some good reference material be it books or On line. This will be a all new to me. i checked out Chris Roe's stuff and like the idea of understanding Elk behavior and how the types of calls you make are important (haven't subscribed though). Also what company makes decent calls? Id like to know more than just walking around and squeezing the Hoochie Momma hoping that a big bull comes in lol.

Cheers, Rob

AXEL

WKR
Will you be solo, with a partner or group or guided?

BTDT, a few times and have some sense of what is now happening there, to the point where I would only go now with one of the better GOs who offer special rates on barebones trips for we BC residents.

Now, I am 71, somewhat crippled and can no longer backpack game, but, I still suggest a good GO if you can swing it.

OP
B

BCrob

FNG
Thanks for the response..Will not be with a GO. Main camp and spiking out would be our plan.

Rob