Raspberry island elk hunt

Hello i know this is last min but im in nerd of some contacts or help or info. I drew the de702 tag on raspberry season is oct 1-10 i really know nothing about tjus hunt i have talked to the biologists and also andrews air. Got some info but anything would help espically peope tgat have hunted there. Thanks in advance any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks aaron

colonel00

WKR
I've only read stories about that hunt. From them, I've gleaned on simple thing. Bears! If you shoot an elk, get it cleaned and get out. The bears will be there soon.

CGSwimmer25

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious about what prompted you to put in for that tag in the first place? You need to be set up to get the meat out the day you shoot it or you'll lose it to the Bears. Prepare for lots of hiking. Good luck!

OP
B
Well i have applied for several years and always wanted to hunt rosevelts i hunted them in oregon several times with no luck so i thought id apply here. I moved here to alaska in may started guiding here last year so going to give it a try.

Boreal

WKR
I tried for ten years to get that hunt. Was ready to go before I put in for the draw each time. Figures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
B
Im bringing a packer with me and been in the field since august 10th on sheep goat and grizzly hunts so i hope im in good enough shape......well see i guess and do our best to make things happen.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Just watched a Remi Warren Solo hunter episode on that. I am sure you can watch on line. Gives you a good idea of what to expect for terrain and such. He was on a lot of elk early in hunt.

weatherbow21

Lil-Rokslider
Just watched a Remi Warren Solo hunter episode on that. I am sure you can watch on line. Gives you a good idea of what to expect for terrain and such. He was on a lot of elk early in hunt.
Where did you watch that I wanted to see it but couldn't figure out where it was available to view?

I watched a video up there where the guy killed a large bull and promptly lost almost all of it to the bears. He was complaining about the weight of the pack-out but had not even removed the lower leg. It's on YouTube somewhere.

OP
B
Welli got a nice 5x5!!! Awesome hunts loved it lots of work but well worth it!!!

Pscully

FNG
Congrats! Would love to hear a trip report, what part of the island you hunted, etc. I'll be hunting a cow tag from Onion Bay at the end of October.

akgutpile

FNG
I know this is old but congrats on your bull. Glad when you were inquiring about the hunt you didnt get beat up by jackasses complaining about you not having everything locked down and ready for a hunt before putting in for the draw which has about a less than 1% chance at getting drawn. Get the hard to draw tag first then spend the time getting ready....and hunt it! Way to get it done!

akgutpile

FNG
By the way..ran across this by looking into the hunt. Putting in for tags today and ran across this thread. Any pics from successful bull and cow hunts would be cool.