Colorado unit #11

ATR1

FNG
I would like to know how others did in 2016 in this unit. We hunt here typically every year. Last year was rough 3rd Rifle. Crazy warm. Out of (8) only (1) shot a buck. Just in case its hot again what would be some other local spots to hunt?
Thx

OP
A

ATR1

FNG
Anyone hunting unit #11 this season rifle? How do you guys typically do? How are the deer over their?

munsey7

FNG
I pulled a 2nd rifle deer tag this year. Ive never been out there before. Ill be happy to report what I see.

OP
A

ATR1

FNG
Thanks Munsey7. I will be out there for 3rd rifle. I have a Deer & Cow tag. I too will report.

OP
A

ATR1

FNG
Any success reports from unit 11? Also any recommendations on areas above 7K in case weather does not come in close to unit#11?

Wife, shot a 187, and daughter took another solid 160. Weather came in, deer started to really show themselves. Didn't see any of those deer in archery.

munsey7

FNG
We saw a lot of elk near GMU 11. Bucks were just starting to move during the day during the last day or two of 2nd rifle. We had pretty good weather with several days in the 60s. Sent you a PM, ATR1 with some more specific info.

Hunting GMU 11 here in a few weeks, do you happen to remember where about you found elk? Any help is appreciated, it's my first year hunting and still trying to figure them out!