little bugling video

cooperjd

WKR
My buddy drew a CO gmu61 tag this year.

so i bailed on all my archery tags the last week of season and drove the 6 hours over to his camp to hunt tuesday-end of season.

he hunted 16 or 17 days this season, passing on a 315" bull after spotting a giant 370" class bull. that big bull was killed by a mz hunter the next weekend and green scores 367". the weekend before i got there he was solo and had a 320" class bull at 15 yards but had his vitals covered by trees, and saw another 340" class bull.

this unit is insane. took him i think 14 years to get the tag, and i think he had around 30 bulls in bow range over the course of the season.

in the end, the last saturday morning, we spotted a giant herd bull with about 30 cows (350" or so). going up the mountain we called in a nice 5x6 that came in so fast i couldnt get the montana decoy up, he bolted after not seeing the cow that was calling him in.

20 minutes later, as we're still going up the mountain on another bench... the caller brought in the 6x6 that i have on film... he stayed around for the MT decoy, and helped to bring in a bigger 6x6 that my buddy shot a few seconds after this video ends. unfortunately, the bull had me pinned and i was afraid to move to try and film the shot on the bigger bull. the bigger guy you can hear on the video coming in screaming. he was about 25 yards 90deg to my left. it was intense.

it wasn't the big monster we were after, he's about a 300-305" bull. but it was an unreal hunt with a good friend and i'm happy he filled his tag.

Colorado bugling elk and Montana Decoy "Miss September" - YouTube

i'll edit together the hunt video later. i wanted to get this up since it was a cool shot.