Colorado weather

Jd259

WKR
I've been watching the weather around meeker and glenwood springs and it's showing lots of rain, my question im headin back again to the flat tops for second rifle hopefully (if it doesn't snow to much) I pack into unit 24 just wondering if there's snow up there already or if it's just getting rain right now? Hunted third season last year and there wasn't any snow so I decided to go second season to hopefully beat the first big snow.

zrodwyo

Lil-Rokslider
Last year was kind of a freak year with the late snow. Flat tops wilderness got a lot of snow last Saturday or the Saturday before that I don't remember. Almost s foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
Dang I figured it was gettin some hopefully it melts off I put all my eggs in that basket this year... anyone know how much snow it takes to move the elk outta there?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
In 2006 the FT's got 3 feet of snow the third week of September during archery. But by first rifle, most the snow was gone, but there were still some elk up high. A lot of them did move lower to the private from the snow however.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
Is it safe to say anytime it's raining in meeker and the surrounding areas around the flat tops it's probably snowing at 10-11k up in the flat tops?

530Chukar

WKR
Looks like it's going to get nasty in there tomorrow night. Calling for 5-9 inches above 9000ft with the low stalling out somewhere in NW Colorado and getting significantly more there. We are heading back in just over a week. Going to have to come up with a backup plan to hunt the lower country by the looks of it.

It's amazing the extremes from one year to the next.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
Looks like it's going to get nasty in there tomorrow night. Calling for 5-9 inches above 9000ft with the low stalling out somewhere in NW Colorado and getting significantly more there. We are heading back in just over a week. Going to have to come up with a backup plan to hunt the lower country by the looks of it.

It's amazing the extremes from one year to the next.

Yeah it is crazy it was 75-80 degrees at 11k last year I was really looking forward to goin back up there this year now I have to start from scratch and make a new plan looks like. O well that's elk huntin I guess!