Montana 324 & 330

SBAHunts

FNG
Hi everyone,
I have a combo tag and plan to DIY rifle hunt zones 324 & 330 in late Oct early Nov. I have been scouring this board as well as other boards to learn as much information & tips but have not seen much posted relative to these areas. I've spent a great deal of time on google earth but there is quite a bit of country. Weather forecast currently looks to be cold but no snow.

I am hoping that someone who is knowledgeable about these zones could offer some insight to help me narrow down & target specific areas within these zones. Not looking for your honey hole but a place to start. Thanks in advance

widnert

Lil-Rokslider
330 gets hit pretty hard. I would suggest looking more at 324 - unless you want the security of other hunters in your area.

If you haven't done so already, pick out a few areas within the units and contact the biologist. Be very specific with your questions. Asking general questions will get you general answers, and won't be much help. Most of the biologists are very knowledgeable about the elk in the areas they manage.

OP
S

SBAHunts

FNG
Thank you for that tip. I am fairly new at this but looking to learn as much as possible. Would you share examples of your top 5 or so type questions you would ask a biologist? Thanks in advance!

Both areas get really hit hard with people but I wouldn't let that defer you away from going there. Use that to your advantage and hike where people aren't going! Good glass will be your friend and the country is big. Don't hold your breath on snow, it got over a foot in some places when a big storm rolled through during the second week archery season so chains are an absolute must if your going to get off the main road this late in the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk