Colorado Cow

Got my cow!! I really wanted a bull... but I just couldn't pass on 150 lbs. of grade A meat. 10 cows standing broadside was just too much temptation. Hunted hard 3 days. Finally saw cows, and bang flop. Put 1 through the spine. Sadly I had to finish her off hand, and ruined a lot of meat to end the suffering.

I wasn't sure it was a direct spine hit, or close to the spine, that just hydro-shocked the spine into temporary paralysis. She was trying to stand up, actually got up partial. got about 20 yards away somehow. and I was like shiiiiittttt... so I just kept blasting. Emptied the mag. No way I'm losing an animal, when I'd decided to loose a few extra lbs of meat instead.

Dragged her out. and it's hanging in the freezer. It's going to be a 6 day hang before butchering. I'd rather let it hang longer, but work schedule doesn't permit.

But I'm happy.

OP
Short Track
Last year I got 150 lbs of meat from my big cow. This year.... more like 100 lbs. Too many bullet holes.... Little upset... but it's part of hunting.

cg2737

WKR
Congrats on the cow. I spent two weeks in CO this year with bow in hand, and was not able to get it done. A cow is a trophy indeed.

danarnold

WKR
Switch to Archery, it's more lethal… Just kidding
8225846896e41af84a371a3cb85efafc.jpg

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealGerman