Idaho Unit 50 Cow Elk

All, I'm heading into unit 50 to help my grandfather hopefully tip over his last elk. I've done some research on the ground, talking to bios, and pouring over google maps.

We'll likely be going in early December. I could try to move up if needed to have easier ability to get around easier, though I wanted to wait for more migration.

Would you recommend sticking close to the private and trying to intercept cows that move back and forth? The biologist suggested that a lot of elk will still be on public. I know they'd be in south facing slopes, lower elevation, towards 93, etc.

Where would you focus on?

I'm thinking there won't be a lot of access due to snow except for roads near town that people live off of. Maybe Trail Creek. Any PMs and suggestions welcome.

OP
I
Ttt. I would sure appreciate a little help. Trying to get Grandpa one more elk.

Where did you end up going? Any success? Im taking a first time hunter to the area and would really appreciate some tips or leads on some good spots to try.

OP
I
Where did you end up going? Any success? Im taking a first time hunter to the area and would really appreciate some tips or leads on some good spots to try.

Pm me. I never got Grandpa out there. Grandma got sick and the hunt was cancelled last minute. I’ve scouted the unit and know some places where guys are usually successful.

Did either of you have any luck? I am headed up there this year. I have searched numerous areas of private near 93, but I don't see "hunting" access. Seen some moose and a few deer. Not much in the way of public land elk especially cow near irrigation.