Staph infections are no joke on a back country hunt

vanish

WKR
I guess I've been lucky, because if I treated every cut/scrape/scratch I get while hunting, I'd never see any animals. :D

Glory

Lil-Rokslider
15 years ago I had fish poisoning in my wrist. (commercial fishing) It was pretty dang bad, and they had to cut it out. I remember the nurse almost passing out as the doc pulled what looked like tentacles of puss out of my wrist. Went back out and took the stitches out myself. Still have a nasty scar on my wrist, and the tissue is still gone. Surprisingly I've never gotten it again, and still spend a large portion of my time on the water fishing. My hands look like hamburger for the first month of the season until they toughen up and I don't wear gloves. Good reminder though.

akrdkill

WKR
Great post...think should be moved to general disc.................

I'm just finishing up 6 weeks of 2x daily antibiotic infusions for 1.5 hrs each & having to go get new antibiotic bags every day... was finally diagnosed as discitis of the L3 disc in my back that's MRSA...no idea where I got it or when but dr said could have been as easy as brushing my teeth or a scrape or cut....took 3 months to diagnose & was out of work last 3 months from severe back pain......scrapes & pokes in the skin are becoming no joke...i'm thankful for health insurance as its been $$$.....definitely don't ignore the little things anymore guys!