Shoulder mount with 8' Ceiling

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not the best picture sorry but it's a standard shoulder mount on a pedestal. It has a piece of 1.5 pipe inside the form and a 1.5 piece of square tubing sticking up from the base. The round pipe and square tubing fit together perfectly so it's sturdy but only the corners of the square touch so it can spin to help position and will come back apart easily.
24b7708ac1635d2bc93117712565fad6.jpg
08042fbde46209fb62bf5e30f46bb1f7.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Not the best picture sorry but it's a standard shoulder mount on a pedestal.

Do you have any weight in the bottom of that? Is there a problem at all with being top heavy and wanting to lean/fall over?

I'm building an octagon with the middle back piece being a 2" thick long piece of beetlekill pine that the wall mount will just hang from like on a wall. It will also be hidden being behind the mount and in the corner. Then building doors on the front so I can access it and add weight if need be.

It will be cheaper this way as well, because taxidermists charge quite a bit more for pedestal mounts, not even counting the cost of the pedestal.

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you have any weight in the bottom of that? Is there a problem at all with being top heavy and wanting to lean/fall over?

I'm building an octagon with the middle back piece being a 2" thick long piece of beetlekill pine that the wall mount will just hang from like on a wall. It will also be hidden being behind the mount and in the corner. Then building doors on the front so I can access it and add weight if need be.

It will be cheaper this way as well, because taxidermists charge quite a bit more for pedestal mounts, not even counting the cost of the pedestal.
No extra wieght in pedestal it just balances there is more weight out front but works about perfect. The top can slide off to access the inside also helps because there is no room to side both tubes together at full height. My hunting partner built it I'm not that talented. I'd love to see your daughters mount when it's finished. Here is my caribou on a similar pedestal

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
5810786b1c934222c98cbbbdaabb4c69.jpg

7f2fc4c4c745c73adfd19a9ac9d5aada.jpg

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'd love to see your daughters mount when it's finished.

Ya, me too. Especially with his knapped up neck hair. I've never seen another bull like that before. It was pretty wild. That and the 3/4" thick hide along the spine. I broke four Havalon blades just trying to cut the hide from the shoulder to the base of the antlers. Never seen anything like that on a bull either.

Attachments

• IMG_5259.jpg
    IMG_5259.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 52