2018 IDAHO 66A Tag Purchased!!

Fellad31

FNG
Purchased my tag today and I'm pretty pumped and it's only December....
Anyone else heading to 66A for archery? Never been to Idaho but going with some guys who have hunted just north and were into elk. Sounds promising!

YZF_88

Lil-Rokslider
I have hunted it 4 times. You'll need to be mindful of the restricted OHV regulations. They do check...especially if they get a call. I usually turn in at least one or two people a year. So frustrating. Keep the right phone numbers handy. Also, be prepared for hunting pressure and call sparingly as such. If you hike in too far, you'll run into people coming in from the other side or outfitters. Hunt smart and you'll get a crack at something. Don't forget, you must used fixed blade broadheads and no lighted nocks as well. Don't forget to buy your archery stamp!

Bring chains for your truck in case of mud...or an ATV for muddy main roads. My buddy drew the early rifle tag last year (once-in-a-lifetime draw odds)...and couldn't get to back-up spots because of mud.

OP
Fellad31

Fellad31

FNG
Right on. Thanks for the info. I shoot G5 strikers and don't use lighted knocks, so I'm good LOL! Copy that on the archery stamp and again thanks for the info.

Joe Schmo

Lil-Rokslider
Way to make the committment, now you’ll have something to look forward to for months!! Good luck!!

OP
Fellad31

Fellad31

FNG
I like to hear that MNTHUNTER284. It's kinda weird having a tag in my pocket so early, but the it's nice to know I'm going west in 9 months! Alot of hard work ahead but I'm pumped and looking forward to it! Thanks Joe Schmo!

I’m probably getting a tex creek tag so we can all hunt together with our backs to the zone lines!

Last edited:

Fullfan

WKR
Yep but will only give you a very small refund if you can not go. And then resell your tag at face value.

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
I already have my tag for the Salmon zone. Non residents can get them starting in Dec for some area. Was there last year and the tip on having chains is a good one. First couple of days, we could not get to the areas that we wanted to hunt due to mud. The snow was a breeze to drive through, the mud was a different story. They must put grease in the mud out there. Next year, I will have chains. Not fun when your turned to the right, but the truck wants to go left towards the drop-off.

OP
Fellad31

Fellad31

FNG
Sorry been busy with Holiday stuff and haven't been on here or anywhere else for awhile. We are heading out as a group of 7. A group of 3 and then another of 4. A few have been out to Idaho before but not in 66A or 76. Just found out we are planning a boots on the ground trip in late June or late July for a little scouting trip.

1234 Hike

FNG
Sorry been busy with Holiday stuff and haven't been on here or anywhere else for awhile. We are heading out as a group of 7. A group of 3 and then another of 4. A few have been out to Idaho before but not in 66A or 76. Just found out we are planning a boots on the ground trip in late June or late July for a little scouting trip.

Don’t forget 76. Some good areas in there also.