Wyoming Elk 2017 Results

CiK01

WKR
When do they release 2017 results for elk? Do they release any information before the deadline for NR for 2018?

madtom

FNG
We have several elk seasons that go through January, so I wouldn't expect harvest results until early spring.

OP
CiK01

CiK01

WKR
We have several elk seasons that go through January, so I wouldn't expect harvest results until early spring.

I was afraid of that. Kind of hoped the units that closed earlier would get published sooner. Makes it tough to pick a unit on 1.5yr old data.

madtom

FNG
I was afraid of that. Kind of hoped the units that closed earlier would get published sooner. Makes it tough to pick a unit on 1.5yr old data.

True, but elk harvest doesn't seem to fluctuate all that wildly across years. Further, most of the changes in harvest success across years are driven by weather, and this year's harvest report won't help you predict that for next year anyway. I'd look at the last 5 years' harvest reports and make your decision based on that average. Send me a pm if you have questions about specific areas.