what states have multi-season elk tags?

TauPhi111

WKR
Do any states have general OTC or easy-to-draw elk tags that are good for the early archery season and then if you are not successful, the general rifle season? Or are good for just about any season like buck tags back here in the east? I have heard Wyoming, but what about Colorado, Montana, Idaho, etc?

SWOHTR

WKR
Idaho. Example: Panhandle A tag has four seasons: 3-4 weeks of September (archery, bull), 1 week in October (any weapon, bull only), 1 week in Nov (ML), 1 week in Dec (Archery/bull only).

brn2hnt

WKR
Idaho is definitely trickier, the farther north in the state you go the more options you will likely have. MT and WY are the main ones that come to mind for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montana is not OTC but is easy to draw. Your tag would be good for both archery and rifle seasons in any general (non-draw) unit.

The hunting is terrible but utah just passed that there will be some general tags that allow hunting multiple seasons.
Not sure how they will be allocated or if even available to non residents but instead of being frustrated during 1 season you could experience that extra times.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
The hunting is terrible but utah just passed that there will be some general tags that allow hunting multiple seasons.
Not sure how they will be allocated or if even available to non residents but instead of being frustrated during 1 season you could experience that extra times.
It's going to cost almost 3 times as much for residents $150 that's going to be some serious coin for a non resident general elk tag for Utah at 3x the non resident tag price

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That would be funny if UT sold or tried to sell non resident general elk tags for $1200 bucks or so. +1 the hunting sucks.

Montana does for sure. Once you get the tag, like a big game combo, you can hunt whatever season until your tag is filled.

In Colorado, you are only allowed one "A" tag per year. That's pretty much every tag where you can kill a bull. You could possible get two calf/cow tags in one year, I'm not 100% sure.

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

wytx

WKR
Wyoming has no OTC for NR but has liberal seasons and unless you have a type 9 tag generally you can hunt archery elk then come back in rifle season if not successful. Get a PP or 2 and hunt a general tag in Wyoming.