Buy your 2018 Wyoming archery license now!

cnelk

WKR
If you're planning on archery hunting in Wyoming in 2018, jump on and buy your Archery License now.

Its going up on Jan 1st, 2018 from $30 now to $70.

Save yourself $40

nrh6.7

WKR
So if I intend to apply for a tag in 2018 without any PP, I'm guessing I still need the license. However, it looks like I can't apply till Jan 2, so do I just buy the license now and apply later?

Also, is it even worth applying w/o any points?

LostArra

WKR
So if I intend to apply for a tag in 2018 without any PP, I'm guessing I still need the license. However, it looks like I can't apply till Jan 2, so do I just buy the license now and apply later?

Also, is it even worth applying w/o any points?

Depends on your plans and your luck. With Wyoming's random draw you do have a chance to draw your first choice with zero points. I've done it and in a high demand unit but the odds are low.

I just like to elk hunt so I'm happy with a second choice cow tag which has been easy to draw, plus there is the cow/calf draw too. At my age (or any age for that matter) it makes no sense to me to sit at home waiting on a bull tag worrying about points when you could be in the mountains chasing cows and learning about the elk in your unit.

To answer your first question: yes, I bought the archery tag at the lower price and will apply for my elk tag in January.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
LostArra is spot on. Exactly what I do.

For those wondering if it’s valid to buy now, here is what’s printed on the top of my archery license I bought yesterday, because I know I will have a Wyoming big game license of some sort

Attachments

• 4DEBAF79-09F6-46E7-98CB-531080ACE25F.jpg
    4DEBAF79-09F6-46E7-98CB-531080ACE25F.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 69

young7.3

WKR
If one intends to only purchase a preference point do you also need to buy a license?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
If one intends to only purchase a preference point do you also need to buy a license?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No
And to be clear, this archery license is NOT an elk tag but is required to hunt archery season with your elk tag which you apply for in Jan. There is no way around the 17% increase in elk tag price except to become a Wyoming resident.

You may not need the archery license if you draw a Type 9 tag but I'm not sure because I've never applied for that as they are not available in my unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nrh6.7

WKR
Thanks for the explanation. I will buy the archery license today, since it seems I should be able to at least get a cow tag. So if I draw a non-type 9 tag, does this archery license allow me to come back during rifle season if I don't connect? I believe MT also does this, and am looking into hunting there as well next year.

Thanks for the explanation. I will buy the archery license today, since it seems I should be able to at least get a cow tag. So if I draw a non-type 9 tag, does this archery license allow me to come back during rifle season if I don't connect? I believe MT also does this, and am looking into hunting there as well next year.

No. The archery license allows Type 1 or General Licenses to be used in (CERTAIN) units during archery season.
The Type 9 is a license that is ONLY VALID during archery season. You do not need an archery stamp with a Type 9. The Type 9 CANNOT be used after archery season. The Type 1 or General License can be used after archery season if unsuccessful...