Where to hunt elk in January?

Hey, I've got some time off work in January and wondered if anyone could advise me on whether or not there are any places to hunt elk during that time? Or any other big game for that mattet. Thanks in advance.

oldgoat

WKR
Southeast Colorado has list C tags that go till end of January I think, you can get up to three list C tags! Don't know how hard it is to find an elk though

wytx

WKR
Cow/calf elk in Wyoming. Some leftover tags in areas with mostly private land right now. Some, to most, cow elk seasons go until Jan. 31 up here.

Zbot

WKR
Lots of things to hunt in Texas year round that don't require a tag and have a good return of meat. Elk, aoudad, axis, hogs, etc

DEHusker

WKR
Believe it or not, AZ has OTC elk licenses in which you can hunt into January (if fact, some areas have nearly year round seasons). Little known fact. Now, don't expect to shoot a 350" bull but you can shoot 260" bulls if you are lucky or you can shoot a cow, either/or. You can do these hunts DIY or hire an outfitter (a couple specialize in the OTC hunts) for very reasonable prices. Admittedly, success rates for true DIY hunts are low but one outfitter I know well has almost 100% success rate. It's an interesting hunt and a great hunt to plan for nontraditional times. Also a great hunt for kids as you can hunt when they are out of school, etc. Leave it to AZ....LOL