Cow Elk Guide Recommendations

OP
M
if you want a cow, and are willing to pay a trespass fee, you should not have much trouble. Find some good private land, and pay the fee. You're likely to find cow elk on a good ranch.

Any tips on how to discern the “good” private land from the bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M
Down to 5 units in Wyoming that seem to have some type of Cow tag available with 100% draw, whether it be type 4 or 6, and from what I can read on onxmaps, some sort of public access to "elk" habitat, whatever that is. Hahaha, this hunt has been fun already.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Pods8
You may want to do a bit more research regarding B List cow tags.
If you see the attached image, it shows B list cow tags for multiple rifle seasons (in this instance for GMU 27)

I also went thru the Colorado 2017 leftover elk list [rilfe only] - after the first draw - and there were over 18,700 cow tags available in many, many units.
Both A list and B list, mostly B list

I was trying to be clear for anyone not familiar that might have misunderstood that you can't just go buy a rifle cow tag whenever prior to the hunt (plains tags aside). They are all limited quota (regardless of A or B) so best chance is the draw and then the leftover go first come first served basis which has a timing component involved to purchase a tag before it sold. Rifle only has OTC bull tags, where as archery has OTC E/S and OTC antlerless tags (which are B list which could potentially confuse the newer folks to the system, these tags you can literally just go buy whenever prior to the hunt where the rifle tags that are B you can't just buy whenever).

Jon Boy

WKR
I started out guiding cow hunts on the crazy mtn ranch in montana for Montana hunt and fish, which is now Montana Elk and Trout. Pretty fun hunt, tons of elk and you'll see some nice bulls.

Wellsdw

WKR
Triple three outfitters in wy. Plenty of big private land cows. Phil should have some spots for archery or rifle. May also be able to add an antelope hunt on as well. I have hunted with them
In the past and they are a stand up group. Owners name is Phil.

Trial153

WKR
Triple three gets high praise. I emailed him a couple times and called and left a message as well and never received and correspondence back. Very disappointed.