az 3b late muzz

swampokie

WKR
I'm not looking to buy years of licenses for a high demand early tag and would like to have a shot as a low point holder to draw a decent tag. Is there any reason I should avoid this unit. I know its highly sought after early hunting unit but why such a drop in interest for the later seasons. Do all the elk leave? I understand they will be much harder to hunt out of the rut but if they still live there then theres always a chance to find them. Any Thoughts???

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
They don’t really still live there then; MANY winter on the reservation next door.

OP
S

swampokie

WKR
Thanks for the reply. I was wondering why the fairly attractive draw odds. Looks like good kill rate but I think mostly spikes?

Wapiti1

WKR
Probably cows off private to the north. The kill rates aren't broken out well. Winter range is north and south of the rim. I looked at that same hunt and decided it wasn't worth gaming the weather. Any snow, and you were hunting stragglers. No snow and it could be OK. No hunting pressure anywhere else to push them back onto the public.

Jeremy