Drop Camp Outfitter

Jd259

WKR
Lone Tom seems to be pretty successful in there I hunt that area without a guide and run into them from time to time and everyone I talk to says there on the animals and he runs a good operation. No first hand experience tho I do know he has his camps in good locations I see them every year while packed in myself.

OP
S

sclark

FNG
Do you know the name of his outfitting business? Thanks for the tip! We ate planning for archery 1st week in September 2018

Jd259

WKR
Do you know the name of his outfitting business? Thanks for the tip! We ate planning for archery 1st week in September 2018
Yeah it’s lone Tom outfitting he’s outta the meeker area and hunts the flat tops but if your planning on archery unit 24 Is a draw unit I hunt it in 2nd and 3rd rifle when it becomes otc or you could hunt 1st rifle which is a draw but there are left over tags every year it’s an awesome area up in the flat tops lots of animals if the snow doesn’t come early and push them down to the private...

wytx

WKR
You may find most if not all booked for 2018 already. You need to plan ahead a couple of years.

That if that area is booked a year in advance. Some places are already getting calls for 2019 that's a huge hunter origin area. If ur willing to look further check out Avalanche Outfitters in Redstone, CO unit 43

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan7839

FNG
We did a drop camp in the Flat Tops with Rivers Bend Outfitters this year. It was an overall awesome experience. I would highly recommend them. We packed out of the same parking area as some other outfitters and RB has their $hit together. We hunted the first rifle season, it was a draw, he walked us through the process over the phone in March to apply. We killed 2 bulls, and should have been 3!

zman

Lil-Rokslider
Coulter Lake Outfitters is north of Rifle. They do drop camps. Haven't done their drop camp but did stay at the ranch for a five day family reunion. Good people. The guides/wranglers there spend a ton of time year round in the saddle and know where the elk are and where they go in response to pressure.

Ftguides

Lil-Rokslider
As the previous post mentioned, you can't go wrong with River Bend (Tel Gates) on that side of the Flat Tops. good guy

Rebel73

FNG
Anybody have any experience with Adams Lodge Outfitters. I was thinking about a drop camp for the 2020 rifle season.
Thanks.

Rebel73

FNG
Thanks for the response. That was helpful.

Had a less than wonderful experience in 2018 (with another “outfitter”) and thought I’d reach out here to see what I could learn.