Sawyer 4 liter purifier

I recently purchased a sawyer 4 liter water system for cheap. I’m curious what people use for quick transfer into their water blatters, which blatter to use in my exo 5500 series, quick connects, etc..? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With that system I switched to just carrying a water bottle because I like to flavor my water. However the bags and hoses in that system seem a little heavier than necessary and I have been playing around with the idea of replacing with Platypus bottles. The dirty reservoir would be a big-zip and the clean would be a hoser. I think that this combination of bags would give me the lightest weight configuration. I came close to buying the replacement bags for the platypus gravity system, but I decided to give the good idea fairy (GIF) a break for a bit.

You could just not carry a clean bladder and use whatever is in your pack with just adding some different quick attach points for hooking directly to the filter and then attaching a mouthpiece.

Disco14

Lil-Rokslider
Can't you use the sawyer quick connects and fill up your bladder without taking it out of your pack? This is what I plan to do this fall.

S and S archery sells the Sawyer system as well as REI, amazon, etc

Can't you use the sawyer quick connects and fill up your bladder without taking it out of your pack? This is what I plan to do this fall.

S and S archery sells the Sawyer system as well as REI, amazon, etc

Yeah, quick disconnects are fairly universal. It's a $10 part to cut your current hose in half and put a QD in-line so you could take off the mouthpiece and hook it straight up to the filter. Put the female connector on your bag side and male adapter on the mouthpiece side and you're good to go.

Amazon.com : Camelbak Quick Link Conversion Kit : Cycling Hydration Packs And Bladders : Sports & Outdoors

3/8" In-line Hose Barb APC Series Acetal Coupling Body w/Shroud - Shutoff | U.S. Plastic Corp.
3/8" In-line Hose Barb APC Series Acetal Male Insert - Straight Thru | U.S. Plastic Corp.

Last edited:

GotDraw?

WKR
I use the 4 liter Sawyer bag system at base camp and quick disconnects to fill my Camelback and my brother's too.

Generally though, our drill goes like this: First day at base camp, while we're fresh, rested and setting everything up, we continuously filter and fill up about 10-12 gallons of water in collapsible 3-4 gallon containers so we have water for several days. The longer the hunt goes, the longer the walk to creek seems to be, so we get ahead of it as much as possible before we're tired and jammed for time.

We use these collapsible jugs from REI for our base camp water stash, they're cheap and light: GSI Outdoors Folding Water Cube - 3.9 gal. - REI.com

Best,

John

JL

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I use the 4 liter Sawyer bag system at base camp and quick disconnects to fill my Camelback and my brother's too.

Generally though, our drill goes like this: First day at base camp, while we're fresh, rested and setting everything up, we continuously filter and fill up about 10-12 gallons of water in collapsible 3-4 gallon containers so we have water for several days. The longer the hunt goes, the longer the walk to creek seems to be, so we get ahead of it as much as possible before we're tired and jammed for time.

We use these collapsible jugs from REI for our base camp water stash, they're cheap and light: GSI Outdoors Folding Water Cube - 3.9 gal. - REI.com

Best,

John

JL

We do the same thing. Try to get as much first day as possible then hunt till its gone and refill We take in a 5 gallon collapsable. I hate fetching water everyday so try to do what I can to not have to.

Kgiudici

FNG
I pop the mouthpiece off of my in-pack bladder and stick the clean end of the Sawyer filter in it's place. Then sit back and let gravity do the work.