Colorado unit 55 Archery

krausejmk

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everyone, I have access through a family friend to a cabin in Tin Cup Colorado in unit 55 so I’m going to put in for Archery Elk this year. I haven’t been there in at least 15 years but hope to get out this summer for a scouting trip. I was wondering if any one had any infonabout this unit? Not really looking for spots as I already have some ideas, just maybe more along the lines of elevations to start at as I have never hunted this high before. Feel free to pm me. Thanks guys and happy hunting!

OP
K

krausejmk

Lil-Rokslider
My plan is to not really use the cabin for more then an initial base camp then get as far as I can on UTV roads and then hike and camp out of my pack for about 4 or 5 days from there. Maybe relocate if needed.

Last edited:

Thomas11

WKR
I think u have a good plan! I’ve hunted this unit a couple times. Now I’ve looked at a couple places around Tin cup that looked good but I never made it into them. But think high and higher! I would focus at areas around timberline. PM if u want

OP
K

krausejmk

Lil-Rokslider
I think u have a good plan! I’ve hunted this unit a couple times. Now I’ve looked at a couple places around Tin cup that looked good but I never made it into them. But think high and higher! I would focus at areas around timberline. PM if u want

Have you had any luck while hunting this unit? Pm sent

Stilpr

Lil-Rokslider
Following this thread... I have been eyeing up 55 and am having a little trouble narrowing down some areas away from the marked roads using Onx maps

Muddman

FNG
GMU 55 in September, be ready for a lot of 4-wheeler traffic. Get into country the 4-wheelers can't go, steep and dark timber.

Bulldawg

WKR
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear any bugling going on, it's notorious for limited bugling. High is good but sometimes they're low, never know with them. You'll probably see some other hunters and you're going to go possibly days without seeing anything. But if you stay persistent and take full advantage of the opportunities you work for you can tag out.