Kentucky Elk

Now if they would just give me one of those Golden Tickets, I'd be set. I've been applying for years with no luck. Maybe this will be my year!!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

shader112

Lil-Rokslider
Cool video. Made me curious what the elk population is down south so i looked up, 11,000! I didn't realize there were that many elk. I wonder what the draw odds are..

Cool video. Made me curious what the elk population is down south so i looked up, 11,000! I didn't realize there were that many elk. I wonder what the draw odds are..
Draw odds. I'll just tell you that I buy a Powerball and Megamillions tickets the same day. Roughly the same odds

OP
W

wesfromky

WKR
The good is there are no preference points, so everyone has the same odds each year. The bad is there are like 50K people that put in for ~700 tags. The bonus is that if you draw a tag, the success rate is generally pretty good.

shader112

Lil-Rokslider
The good is there are no preference points, so everyone has the same odds each year. The bad is there are like 50K people that put in for ~700 tags. The bonus is that if you draw a tag, the success rate is generally pretty good.

Wow yea the 2015 odds were 70k apps for 910 permits...with 10% NR available

Trial153

WKR
Call me crazy but I never had any desire to hunt elk east of the Mississippi

I wish they had a bonus point system. So all of those years I've put in for and didn't draw, would put my name in the hat again. I'd be up to 7 "names in the hat" for each of the tags.

Been applying for 9 years, no luck. But at $10 a chance its worth it and if I do draw its only a 4 hour drive to elk country. Non resident bull odds are like 1 in 600, cow elk archery is 1 in 72 I think.

Call me crazy but I never had any desire to hunt elk east of the Mississippi

The elk country in Kentucky is very beautiful and rugged in its own right. May not have the elevation like out west but those mtns will still kick your butt! We've got elk here in NC as well. No season but there has been talk of a lottery for 5-10 tags. Chasing elk in the Smokies would be absolutely amazing!

I feel a bull tag should be "once in a lifetime". The 3 year wait is not long enough. My brother works with a guy who has killed a bull. Now he has just as good a chance at getting another tag as me.

Like stated earlier, it's $10 for each tag, so a total of $40 for a chance. I'll keep buying them.