MT group application-- partial bonus points

Scoot

WKR
How are partial bonus points treated on group apps in MT? If my buddy and I go in on a party app and we both have 1 point, obviously our group will have 1 point. If a third buddy joins in the mix and he has no points, our group will average .67 points. Does this mean that during the drawing our group will be treated as having 1 point, 0 points, or something different?

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
Good question, but I imagine, that like you said you will have .67 points. It has to be computed mathematically within the pool of applicants. This will be better than having 0 points. Are you applying for the general tag, or a special drawing. I have points in MT, and my brothers have none, so I have wondered the same. Good luck.

Riplip

WKR
From MT FWP Site:
"FWP shall use an average of the number of preference points accumulated by those applicants to determine the party's preference points. FWP shall consider any fraction that result from the calculation of an average when determining that priority."

Montana has both preference points (license) and bonus points (permits). I could not find out how bonus points are treated on a party app for a LE permit but I imagine they use the same methodology.

OP
Scoot

Scoot

WKR
"FWP shall consider any fraction that result from the calculation of an average when determining that priority."

Thanks guys. Riplip, that's what I found before, but it's still not clear to me. FWP will use any fraction in what way? Some states use that fraction by rounding up, some use it by rounding down, some use it as the fraction that it is. In the last scenerio, as an example, if having 2 points doubles your odds of drawing compared to having one point, a group having an average of 1.5 points would have 1.5 times the odds of drawing (rather than double for 2 points). So... FWP will consider the fraction, but how will they consider it?

Riplip

WKR
Good questions Scoot as it is certainly vauge. Probably warrants a call to FWP as I am in the same boat. I am a NR and plan to apply with a resident buddy who has less points than me for a LE archery unit. We have not been successful the last few years and I would be interested to find out a bit more about the drawing process for the permit.