WY results tomorrow!!!

LWC

FNG
yep for sure know quite a few guys that used 3-5 on general tags to get out after the price increase

I definitely understand that thinking. But max points? Hope they meant to do that and it wasn't a mistake. Almost guaranteed to draw most of better units in the state. Hope they have a monster scouted out.

they either have a monster located or they messed up. I agree if they were getting out they could have drawn some really good units with their points instead of a general. The only other thing is maybe they put with a few friends that didn't have points????

cnelk

WKR
Our group is in!! Drew General non res with zero points!!! Our group hasn't hunted together in 25 years due to the military scattering us all over the US. But this year we committed to trying for a reunion hunt, and its going to happen! Hope we can backpack in to our camp like we did 25 years ago....LOL.

Are you sure?

Here is the WGF NonRes General Pref Point page and it shows nobody drew GEN with less than 2 PPs

Attachments

• WY_Gen_PPs.JPG
    WY_Gen_PPs.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 57

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our group is in!! Drew General non res with zero points!!! Our group hasn't hunted together in 25 years due to the military scattering us all over the US. But this year we committed to trying for a reunion hunt, and its going to happen! Hope we can backpack in to our camp like we did 25 years ago....LOL.
Congratulations. Must be karma for you guys putting it on the line for those of us back home. Missing all those seasons for deployments will make this hunt all that much sweeter wishing you guys much success.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
Looks like just hunting ND for me for awhile. Good thing my odds of getting an Elk tag here are about 1% every year...lol

rbljack

WKR
Congratulations. Must be karma for you guys putting it on the line for those of us back home. Missing all those seasons for deployments will make this hunt all that much sweeter wishing you guys much success.

Thank you. I'm sure we had some luck on our side. Sounds like our percentage of drawing was 14 percent based on what was posted above. Its an area we hunted years back, so I know its not a premier area, but at the same time....its an area we know. Will be interesting to see if we can get our camp spot back after being gone 25 years.....LOL.

OP
UtahJimmy

UtahJimmy

WKR
Yes I saw that 595÷4225=.14 I was just curious if it's true straight draw in random

Yes that is correct; the random is straight draw no points. It's the remaining 25% (595) of the total quota of 2382 tags. The first 75% (1787) go to the max points pool. Anyone remaining is on an even playing field in the random.

shader112

Lil-Rokslider
Dissapointed to see i didnt draw the non res special general tag!! I only had 1 pp but thought i was going to draw in the special. Now to figure out how to get a September bow hunt somewhere

LWC

FNG
Dissapointed to see i didnt draw the non res special general tag!! I only had 1 pp but thought i was going to draw in the special. Now to figure out how to get a September bow hunt somewhere

So I guess you were in the non-lucky 3%. That stinks. Still have NM and CO and several more that I don't apply in. Good luck if you apply in those!

Carlin59

WKR
I was very excited to see I drew my unit with 8 points until I checked the odds and saw that the unit had jumped to needing at least 9 points this year. I must have drawn in the random (~2% odds). Still elated to have my first WY elk tag coming my way!