WY results tomorrow!!!

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I’m in!
I put in for a unit I’ve never hunted because I didn’t think I could draw the general with only one point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

WKR
I would have drawn with 100% the past 3 years to the unit I applied to in the special draw. Thought maybe fewer would be in special draw with the increase, but somehow I didn't draw. Back to the drawing board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shader112

Lil-Rokslider
So I guess you were in the non-lucky 3%. That stinks. Still have NM and CO and several more that I don't apply in. Good luck if you apply in those!
Yea I have to reevaluate my options. I applied in Utah already but don't expect to draw. I have a pp in Montana but haven't looked too hard at availavle sept. hunts. Might try A tag in Idaho panhandle...man I'm bummed I had my unit in Wy picked out, dates, where i was camping everything. Oh well, thats part of it, happy to have the opportunity!

Joe Schmo

Lil-Rokslider
I drew mine! Expensive tag, but hopefully worth it.
That was my thought.
But then I also thought, it’ll be an adventure and that’s for sure!!
I also thought...there’s 365 days in a year and you could die at any second of any one of em, let’s go hunting...THIS year.

Well didn't expect to draw and it was a swing and a miss as expected, still exciting to click the page as always though. Going to go for a random limited entry spot next year again in 2019 then make a decision in 2020 if I'm going to keep building or go all in with a general party app and bring a couple friends. This year was nuts by just reading the comments and analyzing the draw odds for non-residents comparing Special vs Regular in excel and 2017 vs 2018. Insanely unpredictable year on what units to apply for and I expect 2019 to be a little less nuts but still unpredictable.

Cranman

FNG
We didn't draw. How do the leftover licenses work? Are these 2nd and 3rd choices or do you get to apply later for them?

cnelk

WKR
There were 145 GEN tags issued in the Pref Point draw to applicants that used between 4 - 12 PPs.
Talk about dumping points!

OP
UtahJimmy

UtahJimmy

WKR
There were 145 GEN tags issued in the Pref Point draw to applicants that used between 4 - 12 PPs.
Talk about dumping points!
127 in 2017, 114 in 2016
I'd say more of a trend then a dump. And most likely people sharing points.

The plight of the preference point system!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Good news....Off to unit 30 I head with my eldest son on his first elk hunt! He had max points. Now the research begins... always fun for me.