Google Earth Perspective

Pgohil

WKR
What setting in google earth give me the best real feel for the elevation and steepness? default is 1, and it goes between .1 and 3. Studying the maps of my home area (WV) it seems that 2.5 is most accurate. however it seems too steep in doing unit research in Idaho. And yes, I know it DAMN STEEP, but seems to steep at a setting of 2.5. I want to be accurate in my map studying.

Using topo's helps a ton too, but i am really drawn to the 3D features and map overlay i have for google earth.

thanks
PD

kvw4x4

Lil-Rokslider
I love google earth. You can almost sit on a mountain top and pan around to see your actual view from there. I also like the Idaho hunt Gmu overlay you can download. Helps for finding boundaries.

ghost338

FNG
I've found that the range can be 1-1.8 for different areas I know. For areas I know really well, sometimes I can tell that the imagery doesn't overlay the topo very accurately. A flat might be on a slope so I have to change the number to get it to look right. Typically I'm about 1.2. Hopefully someone from Idaho will chime in.

If you're East of the Mississippi = 2.7
West =1.3
I've found 1.3 to be pretty good for UT, WY, CO etc

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
Good deal. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

cnelk

WKR
Something else to do on GE is make sure you have the latest updated satellite imagery

Attachments

• GE Imagery Updates.JPG
    GE Imagery Updates.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 60