Wisc Elk Hunt 2018

mproberts

WKR
Perfectly said, there is something wrong with a system that is setup against somebody from birth. I'm sure that makes it hard to cultivate the next generation of hunters as well. I get maninthemaze's point about some winning multiple tags, but didn't Idaho basically do a study on this a few years back where they determined that your odds were the same if not better in a non-bonus point system over the course of say 20 years. Yes a bonus point system helps take out the luckiest and unluckiest people, but outside of that it has more bad side effects than good.

All states I apply for charge application fees every single one. Points of any kind punish everyone that doesn't start on day one. Utah has a 50% split but my children will never make it to max point pool in the best units in their life time so theyll need to hope they get thier luck from thier mom's side of the family.
It's frustrating when there is more applicants than opportunity but it's equally frustrating to everyone without points.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Cody Rich had a podcast with Kevin Wallenfang, one of the ecologists working on the elk herd. Pretty good listen and explains a lot about the herd growth and issues they've had.

I feel good about my chances, 1:9500 was a lot better than I thought it would be. If nothing else it's another $10 toward conservation.

And it's a non-point system. Just like NM or Idaho, everyone has the same shot.

I'll most likely hunt whitetail in WI this year with some buddies. Hopefully when find some deer that could be mistaken for elk

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk