Internet and BS Particpants?

Don K

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe they stayed in a Holiday Inn Express that night??

SWOHTR

WKR
With some posts, just remember...”you asked the internet for advice, what did you expect?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swede

WKR
If you are comfortable in your own skin and can get-er-done on your own, what effect does some wantabe's advise have on you? I understand if you are new to elk hunting, it may be hard to separate the good information from the chaff, but if you are experienced, why would you be complaining? If you are truly skilled, you can tell the difference between the long term hunters and the two or three outing boys.
What sometimes puzzles me are the claims by very credible hunters. I know their experiences are different based on their hunting area. Still, I hunt my area.

204guy

WKR
I'm a big fan of the 10 mile elk packout. Makes me feel like a pussy for wanting non of that and I know I'm pretty tough.

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
At least on the internet you can skip right over most of the non sense. At the local bow shop or sporting goods store you sometimes have to deal with the same stuff but live and in person. They don't like it either when you ask if they have an ignore button you can push.

Man are you right. I’m a new archer and only have gone to one other shop than my local one where I bought my bow. It was at a range and I picked up some arrows while I was there and felt like I was dealing with a used car salesman.

Joe Schmo

Lil-Rokslider
I'm pretty badass...packed myelk out last year all by myself in a snowstorm...I was in deep too.
0.19 miles

Joe Schmo, you put the decimal on the wrong spot. It was 19.0 miles, uphill both ways, but you only did it in one trip because the storm was going to get worse.

jmez

WKR
I'm a big fan of the 10 mile elk packout. Makes me feel like a pussy for wanting non of that and I know I'm pretty tough.

You are probably just smart enough to drop the pack on one of the roads you would cross in 10 miles.

Joe Schmo

Lil-Rokslider
Joe Schmo, you put the decimal on the wrong spot. It was 19.0 miles, uphill both ways, but you only did it in one trip because the storm was going to get worse.
Yeah...that's what I meant!!

Actually I woulda flagged someone down on the road but apparently road hunters don't come out in a little snow ;)

CorbLand

WKR
I think most count total miles on pack outs.

Shoot the elk 1 mile from the road. 1 mile in, 1 back out. 5 trips. Bingo 10 mile pack out.