Internet and BS Particpants?

I'm a positive person in general, more than in general, but I have to ask others the following. Do you ever see input on subjects where you actually know the person indirectly or directly and just shake your head as they have no experience at all in the subject? Example, Broadhead choice for elk when said person has maybe killed one elk in the last 10 years, or never?

I participate in several online forums and if there is anything I've learned, there are alot of "been there done that" guys "in there own mind" type of guys.

Tread lightly my amigos!

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Indeed only trust the source with evidence to back it up I learned that as a youngster long before computer many internet wannabees😁

I generally thought everyone on Rokslide was a hunting stud, until Ryan Avery sent me the most god awful coffee to try ever. Now everyone on Rokslide is suspect......

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I generally thought everyone on Rokslide was a hunting stud, until Ryan Avery sent me the most god awful coffee to try ever. Now everyone on Rokslide is suspect......
In fairness Tanya said it tasted like vomit but you thought your army taste buds could take it. Only a Marine can drink that shit

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Brianb3

WKR
I do appreciate the DIY Biologists that participate and give there two cents and start or end their comments with “IMO”. Makes me laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
When you have a steel trap for a memory, it's quite comical at times reading stuff.......knowing full well what they've posted from years past.

OP
C
When you have a steel trap for a memory, it's quite comical at times reading stuff.......knowing full well what they've posted from years past.

That is me to a "T". I'm bad with names, forget them instantly, but man my long term memory would make an elephant run for cover.

ckleeves

WKR
Are you talking about the guys who post “what pack should I buy” threads in April then are chiming in about how awesome the pack is and why you should buy one 2 months later? Then next guy buys said pack and the cycle continues!

I always love it when a person constantly spews how great their pack is then list it in the classifieds “never packed meat” lol

There are some really active posters here (some have even given gear reviews) that I know have had very little experience but that doesn’t stop them from posting on every subject under the sun. Including some REALLY bad advice.

The great thing is we’re all free to form our own opinions and don’t have to take anyone’s advice. I just shake my head and move on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
That's why I no longer have discussions on the Internet, I'll post a comment and then move on. Most people think that I'm a troller because of my one-time posts but my actions are just the result of me trying to avoid the general stupidity and rudeness of the average person.

3forks

WKR
Ever see a post where someone offers some insight into a subject that you know waaaaay more about than them, and the insight they offer is marginal at best? Whenever I come across a post like that, it helps me remember to put things in perspective regarding asking for advice or reading reviews on the internet.

Joe Schmo

Lil-Rokslider
Everything on the 'net needs to be taken with a grain of salt and THANK GAWD THAT NOT EVERYTHING HUNTING RELATED IS THE TRUTH!!! Could you imagine....
"Not looking for a honey hole..."
>>
"Sure bud, just check out XYZ and 123 drainages, we've always seen bucks in there during the season...140s to 160s...nothing huge but decent bucks"

Joe Schmo

Lil-Rokslider
I have personally PM'd and called and texted a buncha people and had great conversations and dare I say...text/internet only hunting relationships pop up that are pretty cool. But don't friggin post it in the open!!

Btaylor

WKR
At least on the internet you can skip right over most of the non sense. At the local bow shop or sporting goods store you sometimes have to deal with the same stuff but live and in person. They don't like it either when you ask if they have an ignore button you can push.