How many arrows?

PMcGee

WKR
I usually have 4 in my quiver then 4-6 extra. I like shooting at grouse and usually lose a couple arrows. It's probably more than I need but you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Way more than I have ever needed
But I have never complained snot running out 3 miles in

I carry 7 in quiver, and 3-5 in my pack of I have that many left from all the practicing
Lol
Usually more in truck back at trail head too
But I hunt deer and elk simultaneously so in my mind its justified
:)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I carry 5, and have 6 or so more in the truck at the trailhead. I have been down to my last arrow too many times to not have backups at the truck. If I'm not packing in too far, I'll carry my extras with me so I can get em at camp instead of going clear back to the truck. Just depends on how weight conscious I need to be on that particular trip.

cnelk

WKR
It may be a good idea to coordinate with your buddy(s) to see what arrows they are shooting.

If 2 guys 'go deep' for 7-8 days, and shoot the same arrow, no need to have 18+ arrows kicking around camp :)

My quiver holds seven arrows: normally five broadheads for the big game I am going after; then two with small game heads and flu-flu fletching for grouse, rabbit, squirrel, etc. I can also use the small game arrows for stumping and practice shots. An arrow tube with some extras shafts and heads,if I feel the need, back at camp.

RyanCmns

WKR
5 arrow quiver with 1 for grouse I've always got another 6 at the truck if I need more than 4 for a animal I'm gonna need that hike back to the truck to calm down!

bz_711

WKR
I have 5 arrow quiver so it's always full...realistically over 8 elk seasons I've never needed more than 2 arrows on any given hunt...so 3 arrows would have still left an extra if follow up shot at the kill was needed...

amp713

WKR
Used to be 5 big game arrows one yote/grouse arrow. Now I'm down to a 5 arrow quiver so minus one big game arrow. Leave as many as I have left after the year of practicing and 3d shoots in the truck.

I have been known to leave arrows hidden in the mountains, so I always have a stash for emergencies.
One year I had 4 arrows up there. 2 were pass thru's I never did recover, one was a branch baptized shot, one was a mountain chicken shot never to be found. The chicken tasted great none the less.
Kind of like Trad Flags, but for us wheelie guys.

I have a pic of an arrow stuck I found in the middle of no where and about 12' up that sucker. To my best assessment, judging by the angle of the arrow and where the tree was in relation to the road at the bottom of the 2 track, the guy was around 125 - 175 yards away shooting up at an elk standing near the tree line and let a hail Mary fly.
If you look hard enough, the woods are secret stash spots for millions of arrows, you might even find your length and favorite broad head to boot.

I have found 2 arrow heads up here as well.
I would sit and ponder the native American hunter and his story.

reelnmn

FNG
3 arrows for me. Not shooting at grouse or other small critters. 4 animals down with 4 shots. For me its the same as bullets. I only carry 4 bullets - whatever will fit in the clip.

lang

Lil-Rokslider
Buddies kid once shot a hen and pinned her to the ground. She proceeded to beat her wings, and you can't believe how many males came flying in from all directions. He then shot every arrow he had in what looked like a war zone for a couple minutes. Not sure how many he shot, but it was more than 6!

Copen1822

Lil-Rokslider
3 in the quiver and have 2 more in packed in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk