What New Gear?

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
Only new gear I have for this season was bought last year after elk season, that's the new bulk water treatment Steri-pen setup and a small wood stove for my solo shelter.

Curious about the bulk treatment setup with the steripen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Colberjs

WKR
I've upgraded my spotter to a Vortex Razor HD 16-48X65, a new SLIK tri-pod and a NeoAir XLite. Plan on picking up a quilt to replace my bag this year also. All total, I'm thinking it will shave 4-5 lbs off my old setup.

Phaseolus

WKR
I was going to get a new bow but now I’m going to have rotator cuff surgery instead. Six months to get back to near normal. Just in time for rifle seasons.

vthokee

WKR
I’m excited to take my new Athens Revelation out in the elk woods.
6ba4efeadee9a1724c5906fedf1e4558.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ianpadron

WKR
I've upgraded my spotter to a Vortex Razor HD 16-48X65, a new SLIK tri-pod and a NeoAir XLite. Plan on picking up a quilt to replace my bag this year also. All total, I'm thinking it will shave 4-5 lbs off my old setup.
I have that spotter as well and for the price it's tough to beat. Great place holder until I can justify a Swaro or Kowa.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I’ve got a couple of new shelters for this season. I was running a Golite sl5 but have recently changed to a BPW Luna 6. It’s way easier to set up and I don’t feel like I’ve got useless space in it. I’ve also got a hammock set up that I’m really digging. Im not sure what will he used more, unless the weather gets nasty, but at least I’ve got some options.

BigEd

FNG
Seek Outside Goshawk pack, REI sleeping bag, new binos (haven't nailed them down yet), and a new place to hunt. Also been working far more diligently on my fitness and nutrition, have my first trail race of the season this weekend!

Oh yeah, I am getting a new bulk water treatment system for base camp as well.......GravityWorks 4 Liter Water Filter System.

NDGuy

WKR
The other thing is my completely new Bow set up.
Athens Archery Revelation 6
Montana black gold ascent verdict
Hamskea hybrid hunter pro micro tune
Tight spot
4c02ea878a352987e9080402cc6a5880.jpg
509ca4a2bdab67da11c1145c76ef9870.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

How do you like the Ascent Verdict so far? I am ordering one tomorrow still kind of torn between the 5 and 3 pin.

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
How do you like the Ascent Verdict so far? I am ordering one tomorrow still kind of torn between the 5 and 3 pin.
I like it alot! I was in the same place and went with the 3. A ton less clutter in the sight picture. I set mine up with top pin as the mover. It works great for me. I can dial or use pins out to 40. If I dial and an animal moves I have 2 more pins. But you do have to play with it because your pin gap changes when you get farther out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

choovhntr

WKR
What do you think about the EXO 5500 vs the Kifaru? I’m leaning, heavily, toward the EXO simply d/t price. $800 for a pack, when I have many expensive hobbies already, seems a bit much.

I have the 2015 exo 5500 and it was really nice. Ordered the new one to see if the changes were enough to make me want to switch ( plus the new fusion pattern just looks good to me. Haha) I’m still going through it vs my old one but like the new one enough to keep it I think. The plan for the next few days is to compare the kifaru to the new exo. I’ll keep you posted if you want or may just do a whole review of them and post it. If your on a tight budget and want a good pack, I’ll be selling my older exo completely set up soon. It’s in good condition.

NDGuy

WKR
Get a custom 4 pin, perfect mid point

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Haha split it right down the middle!

I looked at a 5 pin in store (right hand) and it didn't seem that cluttered to me. But when you are aiming at something 60-80 yards away I am sure that changes significantly.

Michael Pawul

Lil-Rokslider
I've got my first Kifaru pack and frame, both used but new to me, that I am very excited about getting out to use starting with spring bear in less than 2 weeks! I am also planning on getting a new site and arrow rest for my bow this year. Probably a new stabilizer too, but I've got to work that one into the 2018 budget or else wait for next year. You know how she is :)

Riplip

WKR
Good looking setup. Is that the standard base that comes with the Verdict? What size pins did you go with? Thanks!

MIKEYB

WKR
That's what I say every time someone asks me about gear that "appears" in my office or at home.

What New Gear?:confused:

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
What do you think about the EXO 5500 vs the Kifaru? I’m leaning, heavily, toward the EXO simply d/t price. $800 for a pack, when I have many expensive hobbies already, seems a bit much.

I see you live up north of me a little bit. I have Kifaru, Stone Glacier, and Exo packs if you ever want to check them out side by side for yourself.

I've used them all and for me, Kifaru is the best choice.

Btaylor

WKR
Let's see, jet boil, Noah tarp, hammock, klymit insulated pad, nemo 15 down bag, SO pack, Sitka core lt tee, core heavy zip tee and mountain pants. Down to just a few little minor pieces to finish up. For this year...