First elk trip Colorado

I would think that if there is snow, and the elk are in the snow, trails will be well defined. If the bugs are bad below snow line, there will be elk above the snow line. From all I've heard, CO snowpack was well below average. If at all in some parts of the state...,..

OP
R

RhynaldsA

FNG
Thanks for all of the info I have kenetrek boots older have been re soled once still Fairly stiff was looking at the crispi non leather ones idk what they are called I was thinking if I hiked in I would get some distance between me and the other hunters I have been training pretty hard with the steepest terrain we have im sure not even close to what is there with a 75 pound pack average 20-25ish min miles up to 6.5 miles was looking at area 43 also I’m starting to question the area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
Nothing wrong with 47. There are a lot of elk in there. We've done well in the unit and find a lot of elk. Just need to be aware that it is tough country.

ChrisS

WKR
Thanks for all of the info I have kenetrek boots older have been re soled once still Fairly stiff was looking at the crispi non leather ones idk what they are called I was thinking if I hiked in I would get some distance between me and the other hunters I have been training pretty hard with the steepest terrain we have im sure not even close to what is there with a 75 pound pack average 20-25ish min miles up to 6.5 miles was looking at area 43 also I’m starting to question the area
The best boots are the ones that don't chew your feet up.