Just Draw already New Mexico!!!

No kidding, I'm almost as curious about when this year's draw odds will be released. I fully expect NR draw odds for all hunts to go fully in the tank. Just seems like I am reading across many boards about first timers throwing their hat in the NM ring.

No matter how crappy the odds, it's still about the only state that gives someone a shot at a truly great elk tag every single year. I like the fact that it's a completely random draw. It gives someone like me a little hope that I could draw a primo tag. I have no chance of drawing primo tags in states like Arizona or Utah because I just started playing the points game and I am years behind. Best I can hope for in those states is to draw a mid tier unit every 5-10 years. At least with New Mexico, I have a (very) small chance of drawing a great tag every year.

Trial153

WKR
Even with the bullshit guide pool NM is hands down the best, fairest and most reasonable priced NR draw you can ask for. If the tanked the guided pool it would be about perfect.

Even with the bullshit guide pool NM is hands down the best, fairest and most reasonable priced NR draw you can ask for. If the tanked the guided pool it would be about perfect.

That would be great, but they'd probably keep the NR allocation at 6%!

jm1607

WKR

Ya, if they dumped that crap and cut down on landowner tags..

NM truly is the best chance to hunt big Elk each year (without buying a hunt), even though the odds aren't that great..

Loco4dux

WKR
Wooooooooooooo fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!! Following along... misery definitely loves company!

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
If it really ends up being the 25th this is gonna be a long couple of weeks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've never drawn in eight years not even a good odds tag. This is definitely my year

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JPD350

WKR
I've never drawn in eight years not even a good odds tag. This is definitely my year

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I really hope you draw but you know that you will have to change your handle if you do, if you don't draw I think maybe a change of your handle is also in order.....you gotta get on the positive side!

TexanSam

Lil-Rokslider
I really hope you draw but you know that you will have to change your handle if you do, if you don't draw I think maybe a change of your handle is also in order.....you gotta get on the positive side!

There's still plenty of unlucky things that happen with a tag in your pocket lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well how many of you on the site are from NM beside me? The results won’t be till Thursday or Friday.
There’s sure is a lot of hunters applying for the Gila area, which is good. But there’s other units in NM
that have bigger Bulls than the Gila.
Anyways good luck.

If it's consistent like years past, you'll get an email informing you that you've drawn before your results show online. You don't have to check the online licensing system, you'll most likely see it in your email first.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The emails always seem to come before the results are posted on the website. No sense in refreshing the website every 5 seconds your email on the other hand is another story.

ORHunter

WKR
If last year is any indicator the results could be out Wednesday. Wishful thinking anyways......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk