Just Draw already New Mexico!!!

Jd259

WKR
Never done this before but if I understand you guys right you log in and try to buy the $65 game hunting license and if it lets you add it to your cart and go to check out then you didn’t draw? If so looks like I’m headin to Wyoming....

mproberts

WKR
It wouldn't surprise me if this worked, but to all those that are getting errors I bet it's just a case of the data for you hasn't been entered yet. I'm still getting an error but all three of my elk choices were really low draw odds and I'm just not that lucky hahaha...

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
This method has always proven to be correct in the past. I expect it to be no different this year. For my own sake, I hope it's wrong. For my buddy's sake, I hope it's right.

If you do some searching you'll find that this year's intel is different than in past years. All week the "backdoor" has been opening and closing, so to speak.

If you do a quick google search, you can find that there have been various "backdoor" methods posted throughout the years for New Mexico and most of them have either been debunked, no longer work, or are very sporadic at best. Reminds me of the backdoor method for seeing if you passed the NCLEX. My buddy freaked out when that method showed him that he had supposedly "failed" the state board exam. 5 days later, he got an email that said "Congratulations, you are now a Registered Nurse."

Scoot

WKR
This method has always proven to be correct in the past. I expect it to be no different this year. For my own sake, I hope it's wrong. For my buddy's sake, I hope it's right.

Me too on the second part!!! :D

Colorado's backdoor was 100 percent for the past 5 plus years. The people drawing seems on par most guys who don't draw don't respond to these threads. We shall see, but I know when New Mexico went to the refundable license if not drawn that this backdoor has been close to a 100 percent accurate on drawing or not

NoWiser

WKR
If you do a quick google search, you can find that there have been various "backdoor" methods posted throughout the years for New Mexico and most of them have either been debunked, no longer work, or are very sporadic at best. Reminds me of the backdoor method for seeing if you passed the NCLEX. My buddy freaked out when that method showed him that he had supposedly "failed" the state board exam. 5 days later, he got an email that said "Congratulations, you are now a Registered Nurse."

None of the other methods ever proved to be true in the past (except for an hour window in 2015 when you could check via Harvest Reports). As long as you asked for a refund, this method has always predicted the draw accurately. Could it be wrong this year? Definitely. But, I suspect it is correct.

nickstone

WKR
None of the other methods ever proved to be true in the past (except for an hour window in 2015 when you could check via Harvest Reports). As long as you asked for a refund, this method has always predicted the draw accurately. Could it be wrong this year? Definitely. But, I suspect it is correct.
Do you think I should believe my pc that would let me purchase a license, or my phone that gave me the error message?

mproberts

WKR
Well I hope you guys are correct because if so I just pulled my first trophy tag after 7+ years of applying in 6 states for multiple species... needless to say my luck has been crap.

OP
S
Do you think I should believe my pc that would let me purchase a license, or my phone that gave me the error message?

This is why I have trouble with this bing accurate. . . I'm getting the same thing error on iOS but able to purchase on pc and droid. . . . So I didn't draw but they felt bad and are giving me a Valle Vidal tag cuz they feel bad?

You can't say it always predicts accurately because you have not asked every single person who tried this method and then correlated it to see if they did/did not draw. You are basing it off internet posts/anecdotal/personal experience. I just talked to a friend of mine who has been putting in for New Mexico for 10 years and has drawn several tags. I asked him about the "backdoor" method. He told me that in 2014 (which was the first year he heard about it), it was wrong, 2015 and 2016 it was right for him and in 2017 it was wrong. He has not checked this year yet. So that's 50% rate right there. He's the only person I know who applies for New Mexico so he's the only person I can go to for anecdotal evidence. Although I did find a post on AT earlier this morning where one guy said he got the error message for license and then did not draw a tag. Can't find the post now, but it was from a couple years ago.

For the record, I have not tried the backdoor method yet and don't plan to because I don't see any reason to get let down or get my hopes up over a possible "backdoor" trick.

jm1607

WKR
You can't say it always predicts accurately because you have not asked every single person who tried this method and then correlated it to see if they did/did not draw. You are basing it off internet posts/anecdotal/personal experience. I just talked to a friend of mine who has been putting in for New Mexico for 10 years and has drawn several tags. I asked him about the "backdoor" method. He told me that in 2014 (which was the first year he heard about it), it was wrong, 2015 and 2016 it was right for him and in 2017 it was wrong. He has not checked this year yet. So that's 50% rate right there. He's the only person I know who applies for New Mexico so he's the only person I can go to for anecdotal evidence. Although I did find a post on AT earlier this morning where one guy said he got the error message for license and then did not draw a tag. Can't find the post now, but it was from a couple years ago.

For the record, I have not tried the backdoor method yet and don't plan to because I don't see any reason to get let down or get my hopes up over a possible "backdoor" trick.

I think you're right on because I know it worked in 2016 and not 2017, but I don't know about years prior