Montana draw

ScottinPA

WKR
Tried to set up my acct this morning but system wouldn't recognize me ALS number. Sent e-mail and will call later. Suspense is crazy...

lif

WKR
Took me 45 minutes yesterday to decipher the Montana website. GARBAGE!!

Took me 45 minutes yesterday to decipher the Montana website. GARBAGE!!
I totally agree. Even their mobile platform site, does not play well with my phone. Its next to impossible to navigate. If it's a mobile site, I shouldn't have to zoom.

And so far, calling isn't much better. I've been on hold for 30 minutes and counting.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ben Nicholson

Lil-Rokslider
It was like Christmas morning, but Santa didn’t bring me anything. Didn’t even draw a combo tag. Time to work on contingency planning.

Anyone know what this means? It doesn't say anything about my permit for some reason though.

Successful - 2018 General Elk Combo (released)

Not Successful - 2018 General - Elk Combo

sneaky

"DADDY"
Anyone know what this means? It doesn't say anything about my permit for some reason though.

Did you check the box on your app to turn in your combo if you didn't draw your special permit?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Swing and a miss for me, but my buddy drew a solid elk permit, so I will get to have some fun calling for him.

I have all of my fingers and toes crossed hoping for mountain goat this year.

Did you check the box on your app to turn in your combo if you didn't draw your special permit?

Nope. I was just hoping for the general tag again, as I'll likely never draw the permit that I've been putting in for.

I did some digging on the "released" tag. If I'm understanding it correctly, I didn't draw during the first drawing, but was able to draw during the second lottery after another applicant was unsuccessful with their permit and turned in their general tag. I don't understand how that could be since I just put in for the elk combo and there a bunch of leftovers again. I didn't purchase the preference point this year since there has been so many elk combos leftover every year. Either way, I'll still be elk hunting.

harge57

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat as you. This is what FWP told me it means: What that means is that you have a general elk combo license but got it in the second drawing. After the initial drawing there were licenses left due to other applicants choosing a refund if they did not get a permit and those licenses were put through a second drawing.

I did an elk combo too. I think the reason is all the general and elk combos come from the same pool of tags.

When the leftover elk combos go on sale, I'm sure it will be first come first serve. Would it be possible for me to purchase a tag for me and my brother? Thats assuming I have his login information. He would probably have to wait until after he got off work to purchase his, which might be too late.

When the leftover elk combos go on sale, I'm sure it will be first come first serve. Would it be possible for me to purchase a tag for me and my brother? Thats assuming I have his login information.

I don't see why not, as long as you have his login information. I think leftovers are going on sale on May 7th.

Agross

WKR
So if I put in for the general big game combo and didn't draw, I can try and get a leftover general elk combo? If so is it better to call or do it online whatever day they go on sale?

I agree the site doesn't play very nice. I'm a resident but I was overseas during application time. I almost went crazy trying to access the site, it would not work on my laptop or my Android devices, finally got through it on my wife's iPad. I have 10 elk points and didn't draw 380-20.☹

sneaky

"DADDY"
I never had any issues accessing the page from my Android phone. I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's no worse than Nevada's site.

thnksno

Lil-Rokslider
When the leftover elk combos go on sale, I'm sure it will be first come first serve. Would it be possible for me to purchase a tag for me and my brother? Thats assuming I have his login information. He would probably have to wait until after he got off work to purchase his, which might be too late.

Yes for sure. 3 years ago I purchased 4 licenses with their login info.

And I also agree that their site is terrible. One thing I've noticed in the past is that they don't update the leftover list regularly. It might show some left, but they are sold out. A few years ago it showed 60 tags left, but when I went to purchase one they were out. 2 days later it was updated.

ScottinPA

WKR
Brad, it may be your computer settings. I tried at work and it was a no-go. At home on cell it worked fine.

So how does this work: my buddy and I put in as a group. He gets big game combo, I get nada. Thinking he applied solo. Have fun packing solo LOL.