Montana draw

harge57

Lil-Rokslider
Drew a NR general elk combo, but it says "released" in parenthesis after this. Does this mean I elected to turn the tag back in? I sure hope not, my plan was to hunt the general tag.

Agross

WKR
Man, been planning my first elk hunt for over a year and didn't get drawn. Talk about a kick in the balls.

Agross

WKR
I guess I have to ask, are there always leftover tags? If so are they even available to non residents, or is it impossible ?

Tony8108

FNG
I guess I have to ask, are there always leftover tags? If so are they even available to non residents, or is it impossible ?

Yes they will be available for NR and they will be first come first serve probably elk only though, not big game combo right away. Watch their website or call or there, they are very helpful everytime I call out. They should be able to give you the date the surplus tags become available.

Agross

WKR
Yes they will be available for NR and they will be first come first serve probably elk only though, not big game combo right away. Watch their website or call or there, they are very helpful everytime I call out. They should be able to give you the date the surplus tags become available.
Thank you. Appreciate it

For those that didn't draw the general tag, I'm guessing you had zero preference points?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Are you dead set on Montana? Plenty of OTC opportunities in Colorado, Idaho, Oregon, just to name a few off the top of my head. Blanking on Montana certainly isn't a reason to drop hopes of going hunting, just means you hunt somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I had points but I’m a resident...seems to be a trend the past few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You were putting in for special permits though weren't you? You guys can buy otc general tags can't you, or do you have to draw those also?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve gotten left overs many times in the past and will have to do so again unless I just stick to idehooooo.get on this early for best chance at the combo as well