Montana draw

You were putting in for special permits though weren't you? You guys can buy otc general tags can't you, or do you have to draw those also?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That’s just in reference to drawing special permits. The other elk/deer base tags are OTC for us residents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
That’s just in reference to drawing special permits. The other elk/deer base tags are OTC for us residents.

That's what I was thinking. Just wanted to confirm.

Denied for big game combo

It seems they gave me an aquatic invasive species something along with a hunting license. What can I hunt if I don't have a deer or elk tag? Squirrels?

Maybe I'll draw in Kentucky? LOL

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bhylton

WKR
how many points did you have? im a resident with 3 points and did not draw that tag hahaha. congrats though!

Looks like I’m going to Montana! I was drawn for my big game combo in 700-21

lif

WKR
4 separate friends of mine put in individual applications and none drew deer combo. Boy have the odds changed the last couple years.

sneaky

"DADDY"
4 separate friends of mine put in individual applications and none drew deer combo. Boy have the odds changed the last couple years.
Did any of them have preference points? I read where 75% of the tags would go to those with preference points, then the rest to those without.

KSJohn

FNG
I also drew 700-21 Archery Elk Big Game Combo. I had 1 point as a NR. bhylton, I thought that tag was almost 100% for residents? My buddy who I am hunting with drew the tag with 2 points as a resident.
I pulled a New Mexico 16-A early archery tag last week as a NR. My Sept. is going to be full of elk hunting !!!

8 years of applying and our party of 5 all drew Missouri Breaks Bull Rifle Tag for 621!!! I can’t contain my excitement right now I’m so pumped

Rifles And More

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like my Wife drew the combo. It shows (released), not sure what that means.

I had a swing and miss on the deer permit, zero points. I'll be watching for the left-overs on deer or elk.

Good luck to all!

-Dustin

Our group big game deer and elk combo with no points. We did buy the preference point at time of submission though.

marktripp

FNG
how many points did you have? im a resident with 3 points and did not draw that tag hahaha. congrats though!

I had zero points, this is my first year trying. My hunting partner is a resident and was also drawn for the same district.

Brendan

WKR
For everyone that did not draw - was there anyone who didn't get the Elk combo?

Big game combo and deer combo the same thing happened last year a d they sold out, but the Elk combo was available after the draw.

For everyone that did not draw - was there anyone who didn't get the Elk combo?

Big game combo and deer combo the same thing happened last year a d they sold out, but the Elk combo was available after the draw.
Looking at the Montana website, I can only find deer and elk B licenses for sale. And with those, it's making me select 3 areas to hunt. I'll call them as soon as they open.

Looking at the Montana website, I can only find deer and elk B licenses for sale. And with those, it's making me select 3 areas to hunt. I'll call them as soon as they open.

It will be listed under surplus licenses when they are available for purchase. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but last year that was August 7th.