NM ELK UNIT 36 second season archery

I'm hopefully going to be heading out there at the end of May to put some boots on the ground. I was just seeing if anyone has some tips they could pm about the unit. Yes, I already know that I need to be in top shape to hunt it.

archer60

FNG
I've hunted and guided there for years. Bonita/Little Argentine canyon and side canyons. Steep steep and steeper. Water is scattered streams with few waterholes in those areas. Fort Stanton (up the road a piece) is flatter with easy access and multiple traditional type water holes. Look at Monjeau Peak and the #22 FS trail down to Bonita...start up high and have a vehicle at the bottom......that'll get ya started......great hunt, bulls are all over

Whip

WKR
I don't have any intel to offer. All I know is that you stole my tag! Lol
Enjoy - it should be a great hunt!

Got the same tag as you OP. I've hunted that area quite a bit but never been the one with the tag until now. I saw this video the other day and thought it showed a good representation of the landscape and terrain. It's rough and steep, but just like Archer60 said there are places lower down that have plenty of elk too.

[video=youtube;tbM8mYXDDHc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbM8mYXDDHc[/video]