New Mexico 52

swampokie

WKR
The deer are few and far between in this unit. This is rio arriba county but nothing like western rio arriba county

Saw a lot of bear sign up there last season. Bad deer unit. 7% or less harvest rate on the archery hunts.

Rumor is that it's a "seeum deer tag" unit for a lot of the locals. They shoot em if they seeum.

OP
Dusty2426

Dusty2426

WKR
Saw a lot of bear sign up there last season. Bad deer unit. 7% or less harvest rate on the archery hunts.

Rumor is that it's a "seeum deer tag" unit for a lot of the locals. They shoot em if they seeum.

What about elk? See any good sign

What about elk? See any good sign

Good elk unit. You can't get far from a road, but if you go the extra mile you can be in elk everyday. A lot of people sitting water. Had a dink 5x5 so close I could touch him when I was laying in some grass waiting for deer. Camps everywhere and outfitters in all the forested areas. Dudes driving around in UTVs on all the roads. It was a weird experience for me. I'll pm you.

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted the ML season last year and saw a bear on a lion kill (cow elk). I believe Bear are still in season, but you will have to check the Regs. Lots of elk if you put in the work. Got deep in canyons and was in elk daily. Never did see a single deer though. Heard the rifle seasons were a lot tougher though, but again, only what I heard.