New Mexico unit 50 early archery elk hunt

Me and my friends where drawn for our first elk hunt out west.We are from KY and one of my was drawn in KY three years ago and me him went over in eastern KY and took a nice 6x6 with his bow. I had so much fun I have been wanting to go back but it is so hard to get drawn in Ky so I talked my buddies to put in for New Mexico and we got lucky. I have done some research and I know this is going to be hard hard hunt,but all four of us are veterans and are willing to put in the hard work for it. It looks like we will have to cover a lot ground to find the and then hunt them.I know it is dry out there this year and water will be the key, so trying to locate it will be first. Any insight from this area would be much appreciated. We have watched so many shows and YouTube videos from Randy the man Newberg to Born and raised outdoors and Cory Jacobsen . These guys have taught us so much already. It is truly amazing how much these men love to hunt and want to past it on. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THAT GOT DRAWN GO GET THEM.