Eastern Idaho Open Elk units

Hi, just a couple US Soldiers who have been hunting elk & deer in NW WY for the last 10 years & we are going to try ID for the first time this year. Basing out of Thayne WY, so looking at the Palisades & Tex Creek zones. We are mountain fit backpackers with no stock & are looking at elk 'A' tags for Sept Archery.
Which are the best areas? Any tips are much appreciated!
-Erik

HookUp

WKR
Born and raised just did a Go Hunt preview on Idaho, head to unit 10 it's "the best"

Palisades can be tough to find elk in, and Tex Creek is really crowded. Pick your poison. I've hunted elk in both these zones and killed elk in both as well. That being said, I've moved on to other units with less people and higher success rates. I hate to utter this, but a GoHunt subscription will help you find decent elk hunting in Idaho if you are willing to drive a little further from the border. Thank you for your military service, my family supports you and appreciates your sacrifice.

If you are wanting to stay in the Eastern Idaho area, you might want to look at the Diamond Creek zone and Bear River units as well. Thank you for your service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The harvest statistics are not giving an accurate reflection of what is going on in that unit. You need to spend time there to truly understand but a lot of guys will enjoy the scenery and not even lay eyes on an elk.

Both are good units. If you are out of Thayne I'd consider Diamond Creek as well. All three zones have elk and it is amazing country.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Diamond Creek is off the table for this year for archery, those tags sold out in mid December. I agree with everything that has already been said about Tex Creek and Palisades.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk