Idaho Unit 76

BowhuntingBrune3

Lil-Rokslider
Hello, I have hunted Colorado all my life and recently moved to Idaho and am trying to find somewhere to hunt elk. I am not asking for honey holes or anything like that but I am just curious if 76 is a good place to start? I have heard it is really crowded and unless you backpack in you are not going to have a shot at anything, is that true? I want a good hunt and a good adventure but do not have the equipment for backpack hunts yet. Just wondering if I am wasting my time scouting 76 out?

Hello, I have hunted Colorado all my life and recently moved to Idaho and am trying to find somewhere to hunt elk. I am not asking for honey holes or anything like that but I am just curious if 76 is a good place to start? I have heard it is really crowded and unless you backpack in you are not going to have a shot at anything, is that true? I want a good hunt and a good adventure but do not have the equipment for backpack hunts yet. Just wondering if I am wasting my time scouting 76 out?

I am not totally up on Id hut regs for residents, but I believe 76 is already sold out?
It might just be for us NR though, as I don't know the ins and outs of ID tag allocations

sneaky

"DADDY"
Resident tags don't go on sale for residents until this summer. OP, I've hunted both 76 and 66A numerous times. You get away from roads, you get away from 95% of the people. I never have ran into more than 3 people in either unit over the course of a season. Last year I spent 20 days or so in those units, saw all three other hunters in the same day. Moved to a different spot, didn't see another soul.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk