Elk Hunt Gear Video for the Beginner

7Bartman

WKR
It's been raining for 4 straight days here in MD and I didn't feel like turkey hunting in the rain so I did the next best thing and put together a how to video mainly geared towards East Coast guys/first timers looking to head out West.

Gear breakdown for DIY Elk Hunt - YouTube

Let me know what you guys think. It ran a bit long and I had to stop several times as the GoPro was on the fritz.

Mitten32

WKR
Thanks for taking the time to create and post the video. I'll be heading out to Colorado for my first archery elk hunt this year.

RallySquirrel

Lil-Rokslider
kudos for putting something together designed to help the first timer. I've never had to think through some of the challenges you have and it was interesting to hear how you address them.

Disco14

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, will check it out and let you know. Going on my first diy backcountry trip this Sept so this should be a big help.

What part of md are you from? I grew up in Howard Co & live in Mont Co now.

muddydogs

WKR
Nice video and your 2017 hunt video was great as well. Good to see someone put a video together showing you don't need a gazillion dollars in gear to get out West and have a fun productive hunt. I almost didn't watch it as I figured it was going to be another video telling everyone they needed a $500 pack and $2000 worth of clothes to hunt out here, knew the video had potential as soon as I saw the low end bow case setting on the table. Good job.

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
Great video from a familiar mug. I will convince you to drive out eventually! Nothing better than having your own truck with everything you need out west and especially when you get a bull down

OP
7Bartman

7Bartman

WKR
I'm originally from the shore but I reside in Anne Arundel now.