Where is everyone going???

mproberts

WKR
August - Alaska - Archery/Rifle Caribou (try to get it done with the bow, switch to a buddy's gun if I can't)
September - New Mexico - Archery Bull Elk (finally won a good tag)
October - Virginia - Archery Deer + Ducks (work brings me there for most the month)
November - Wisconsin - Archery Deer
December/Jan - Undecided - All about the Ducks

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
Yea I’m gonna ask that everyone also include their profession so I can start reassessing my career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MT unlimited sheep??? Is that like a governor tag?

There are units that have unlimited tags, but operate on a quota system for harvest. Once the quota is reached, the season is over. That is a very, very difficult hunt.

CO 1st Rifle Bull Elk.
Texas Deer, pigs, ducks, doves, and quail.

LostArra

WKR
Where am I going? I'm going crazy waiting on the Wyoming leftover draw. First time in quite a while I didn't draw any Wyoming elk tag.

October will start 3 1/2 months of archery deer season in Oklahoma. Of course, any hogs that wander by too.

September - CO Elk OTC Archery
October - KS Whitetail Public Archery
November MO Whitetail Pubic Archery
December - KS Whitetail Private Rifle

UtahJimmy

WKR
2x OTC archery elk in UT - bull & cow

+ a bunch of other tags but you only asked in the elk forum :D

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'll end up waiting and seeing what's going on until the end of August. Fires may dictate what I do at that point. But OTC Archery CO Elk is the most likely scenario. Not sure yet whether my buddy drew his ML Elk tag so that will also dictate when I head out for archery.

dcreiss

FNG
Are tribal tags special type of draw or how does that work I’ve never even thought about tribal lands.... or do you have to be part of the specific tribe

Hunting tribal lands is an operation specific to each tribe, they each set their own game codes and run licensing differently. As a non-Indian many tribes require you to hire a tribal guide but some do not, it just depends and requires research and contacting their wildlife management agencies. What I will say is that there are fantastic opportunities for quality hunts in Indian Country, some tribes make it very easy and accessible to hunt and some have more regulation and requirements but it may be worth your time to explore depending on what you would like to hunt.

dcreiss

FNG
I'll end up waiting and seeing what's going on until the end of August. Fires may dictate what I do at that point. But OTC Archery CO Elk is the most likely scenario. Not sure yet whether my buddy drew his ML Elk tag so that will also dictate when I head out for archery.

What is it looking like as far as fire and drought near the Springs? My annual CO trek takes me that direction.

I’m going to Gunnison National forest.

0062419b642a34859ed1ad1030a8e863.png

mproberts

WKR
Baahahahahaha!! Yeah well they already removed the last few comments that listed a Trailhead, so be careful! :rolleyes:

Alaska in September for vacation and fishing.
October- NC deer hunting
November- 3rd rifle otc elk in Colorado, more deer at home
December- more deer at home, plus hit up Kentucky for a late muzzleloader hunt.