How do you carry your diaphragm calls?

corylee4870

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got the little blue primos case that holds 3. It works but not great. I saw the holder Jason Phelps is selling on his website and was thinking of buying it. I can’t really tell much about it though. How do you carry your diaphragms in the field?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use an old dip can. I disposed of the dip (whichever way you choose), then washed and dried it. Once dry, I drilled a bunch of tiny holes in the bottom so air can dry them out. It works well for me. I just then carry it in a pant pocket in the field. I can fit 4 - 5 in it.

TheCougar

WKR
I’ve got the little blue primos case that holds 3. It works but not great. I saw the holder Jason Phelps is selling on his website and was thinking of buying it. I can’t really tell much about it though. How do you carry your diaphragms in the field?

I love my Phelps calls, and I’ve talked to him on the phone several times and he sees like a nice guy... but I’m not paying $25 for that little pouch!!!! I’ll have to try the dip can - that sounds like a solid idea. I usually keep one in the little pouch on my bino harness. I also have tried them in the band of my hat, but they get lost when I take it off. I’m going to use a clip on the brim and try to hold a call there, since that seems convenient and less likely to get lost.

yak

Lil-Rokslider
I carry my go-to diaphragm calls in my AGC bino pouch top elastic pocket. For my extras, I carry a hard glasses case in my pack (already have it for protecting my glasses) to switch between my glasses and prescription sun glasses. I keep 4-5 extras in there when I need to try something different.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have a little carry pouch that I carry around my neck. But I normally only use one diaphragm, so only need a new one if I blow that one out.

Sam's dad

Lil-Rokslider
I put the one I’m using in my front pocket. I keep a couple extra in the clear Primos container in a side ouch on my pack.

badgerboy

FNG
I kept one in my pocket and used an empty icebreakers mints container for any backups/not in use.....minty fresh :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
C

corylee4870

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for ideas. I think I’ll get me a dip can or ice breaker mint case and a binder clip for my hat.

I've got the primos case for extras then the reed quiver from bend-able products on my hat and stick on one on my bow so they're always where I need them. Not sure if bend-able products is still in business though

Shraggs

WKR
Started using Henry shaved and blades. Extra blades come in a plastic case with holes. Put my extra calls in that.

Aporia

FNG
I took an old floss case, took out the reel, and drilled ventilation holes. Holds two, might fit a couple more. I keep it in the side pocket of my AGC Cub Max.
d1a7d822761bef4883f3a1c9b46eadc7.jpg
ac4f690db90dc7b60de8e29df1f69c82.jpg

Last edited:
My First Lite clothing has a small zippered pocket on out side area, all my calls go in there. Pretty convenient