CO Unit 82, Looking for any info!

NDGuy

WKR
How can I delete someone else's post? Robby/Ryan any help? lol

pchrisla

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking to hunt 2nd rifle in Unit 65 this year. Also, in Texas so let me know if you want to team up as this will be my first hunt in Colorado.

. I hunted that area for many years. It all depends on how much snow they get the more snow the better. I used to hint 4 th season. When you get to Villa Grove turn left take that main dirt road before little store on on left. Drive until you come to the left turn I believe it’s over the cattle guard. It will take you on a road that runs into private turn right following fence line then follow that road it’s a rocky bumpy road the Elk will be in the mountains off to your right usually high on any of those mountains. I’ve killed several Elk on the first or second turn off to right you can drive up to Aspens park and hike the canyon from there it’s easier walking watch tree lines up high. Only bad thing about this area is if there is no snow the Elk don’t show up if there is you will get into them sometimes they come from the West migrate to the East across those fields and it can get Exciting. I liked 4 Elk on that mountain I gave you instructions on. It’s all down hill if you shoot one I’ve dragged a full sized Elk by myself down that mountain on the snow took me like 6 hours to get off mountain I could only go 10 to 20 yards a pull. Anyway good luck

XLIz68i.png

tlowell02

Lil-Rokslider
. I hunted that area for many years. It all depends on how much snow they get the more snow the better. I used to hint 4 th season. When you get to Villa Grove turn left take that main dirt road before little store on on left. Drive until you come to the left turn I believe it’s over the cattle guard. It will take you on a road that runs into private turn right following fence line then follow that road it’s a rocky bumpy road the Elk will be in the mountains off to your right usually high on any of those mountains. I’ve killed several Elk on the first or second turn off to right you can drive up to Aspens park and hike the canyon from there it’s easier walking watch tree lines up high. Only bad thing about this area is if there is no snow the Elk don’t show up if there is you will get into them sometimes they come from the West migrate to the East across those fields and it can get Exciting. I liked 4 Elk on that mountain I gave you instructions on. It’s all down hill if you shoot one I’ve dragged a full sized Elk by myself down that mountain on the snow took me like 6 hours to get off mountain I could only go 10 to 20 yards a pull. Anyway good luck
Either I don't get the humor or this post is idiotic. I have no skin in the game but perhaps mods should delete these types of posts?

Jeepers87

FNG
I'd recommend wearing a full on orange set of overalls with the little orange identifier flags back there now...that place is going to be WW3 if it proves to be at all true in producing an elk...at least for the first few guys that base out there.

ahlgringo

WKR
I have hunted 82 multiple years. I know exactly where this guy is talking about. Have at it!!!

Last edited:

sndmn11

WKR
Either I don't get the humor or this post is idiotic. I have no skin in the game but perhaps mods should delete these types of posts?

I am sure all the people who are joining the mob actually tried to follow the directions?
....and found themselves making a 100 yard circle around the town with the Sangre de Cristos 8mi "off to the right"....
So much for putting in research while complaining about people not putting in their research....doh

geebee

Lil-Rokslider
Somehow I read this post with a LOT of sarcasm. He was directed to the exact thread a week ago. So that's what I'm hoping any way.

KSP277

WKR
OnX and google maps just melted. Good job you broke the internet. Damn it Carl.